Where is the recession? Show me ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HedgefundTrader2, Mar 27, 2008.

1. BINGO.

#51     Mar 28, 2008
  2. Hedgefundtrader2:

Why is it the markets have been going down since I registered at ET and I'm still bullish?

Gordon Gekko:

You're walking around blind without a cane, pal. A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place.

#52     Mar 28, 2008

3. So lets base our reality on individual feelings and predictions? Fact and figures do not show it yet we go by how we " feel " ? I am sorry the empirical world outside your brains does not works that way. Delusions have no place in society but in mental asylums with burly nurses and white coats....

People on this forum have been comparing these last 3 months since great era 1929 depression. I bet you these comfy Ipod listening and Nike wearing douche bags in America have no idea what real hardship is about and how you eat from a dusty bowl and drink from filthy pond water..

#53     Mar 28, 2008

4. Not really. You have no idea what I do every day. There is always a market to short, and there is always a market to go long. You take both sides at the same time and whack! I am not born again pattern day trader and scalper like you, whose exit and entry makes a profit or loss and he goes home flat with enough change in the pocket to buy few Jim Beams and eat at Burger King.

Take a look at BIDU, AAPL,RIMM action. Pull up I min charts. Made money on those today even in a down market. BIDU was up 13 points in the AM.

Have strangles on both sides -- long and short. Have IRON CONDORS on RUT, NDX and other things both long and short.

I dont care where the market goes, I care where it doesn't.

#54     Mar 28, 2008
  5. Are you talking to me? Although you've quoted me I don't see anywhere in your diatribe you addressing any of the issues that I have. Now if you have something you wish to say to me please feel free to do so but, remember, this is a forum for adults. If you aren't one then move along, child.

#55     Mar 28, 2008
  6. bdon

bdon

So the previous estimates of this number weren't revised downward by the bush administration and I am supposed to jump for joy and conclude that the loss of jobs, the foreclosure rate, and the fed's panic activity don't all signal recession?

Theres optimism and there's foolishness. I prefer not be a fool or a sheep. This report told us nothing that we didn't already know and hasn't already been accounted for, so why have you started yet another thread and stood on another soapbox?

#56     Mar 28, 2008
  7. WTF does that mean?

#57     Mar 28, 2008
  8. Hedgefundie, its a FACT that the mkts have been steadily going down for some time now. Can you not see those FACTS? Are you blind to those FACTS?

You always talk about evidence, well....how about looking at a chart for your evidence? Price tells all. I'm sorry you've been long since July 2007. Must suck.

#58     Mar 28, 2008

9. Amanda,

Why dont you show me a single quarter of negative economic growth /GDP in the US economy since 2002 ? That will settle all the argument.

We cannot go by how you " feel" cause apparently you don't feel too good.

#59     Mar 28, 2008
  10. Your statement shows how much you know about economics, a recession indicator isn't just based upon whether GDP is -ve or +ve. Now run along, child.

#60     Mar 28, 2008