Where is the recession? Show me ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HedgefundTrader2, Mar 27, 2008.

1. No one say a normal cyclical recession wiped out trillions in debt. The derivatives game did. Credit defautl swap, huge bets gone bad

#41     Mar 28, 2008
  2. sarahs

sarahs

i know what ur talking about- been to a mall lately?

#42     Mar 28, 2008
  3. 9999

I don't have to prove or show anything pal, I'm not the one making statements. You are. I could care less about recessions, rallies, etc. I just follow the market. Most of us here do the same thing. And stop twisting the facts. I did not insult you but you did insult me, and those are the facts. Now, are you gonna answer those questions or you'd rather stay in your "strong and powerful" corner?

#43     Mar 28, 2008
  4. It all feels like we're in a recession, and plenty of indicators - anecdotal and statistical - indicate the economy is going through a recessionary period. These statistics won't be fully clear until the second half of '08 so there's no definite proof of recession at the moment. I'm willing to side with the respected economists and investors who are all saying the economy is turning down and won't reverse for a significant length of time, although a depression is something I'm not convinced of, so far. The global situation is too different from the 1920s to warrant a convincing comparison to me. If it (the 1920s in the US) compares to anything it's Japan in the 80s, not the developed economies today. Stock markets are not severely overvalued when looking at earnings, unemployment is low and large conflicts are absent at this time.

#44     Mar 28, 2008
  5. Evidence and hard numbers:
    Since you joined in July 2007, SP was trading at 1540..
    now trading at 1325...
    = a decline of 14%..
    not to mention the decline of the US Dollar which should exacerbate your clearly demolished account..

How's that for evidence and hard numbers..

Go back into your hole, you government troll!

#45     Mar 28, 2008
  6. seriously? you're doing this again? such a tool.......

#46     Mar 28, 2008
  7. Of course he is doing it again, he is long from awhile ago and scared to admit that he took wrong positions. He is looking to fight any opposition to his permabull persona.

#47     Mar 28, 2008
  8. just imagine you were hedgefundtrader2 and you were long from 6 months or so ago and the market has been going down steadily as your long positions have been drifting underwater. Then the FED takes a lot of liquidity pumping action and the markets hardly respond. Then Bear Stearns mess happens and the possibility of other banks facing similar pressures becomes a reality which can only be bad for all those long positions he has.

You'd be mad too and feel like you'd need to vent on ET and try and make people feel badly to compensate for the fact that you took the wrong side of the market and have been fighting it ever since.

#48     Mar 28, 2008

9. When you set these people against the wall like I have done in my post and corner them and ask them they really can't answer anything. The start using personal attacks which IS nothing but manifestation of PERSONAL shortcomings and lack of intellectual prowess.

They created this FAKE MONSTER of a RECESSION out of imagination, and the institutional traders like Goldman Sachs and others on the bandwagon used it on these poor souls to scare them down into submissions and made a killing on their asses. The fact is if there was a recession the stock market couldn't have swayed down to its knees and dealt such heavy blows. Institutional traders made a mockery out of this and robbed these idiots clean.

There ARE still folks out there warped and deluded and bent out of shape walking around like depressed zoombies in a horrific Michael Jackson type video... Remember that one, Thriller ?

#49     Mar 28, 2008

10. My question to this worldwide audience on ET stands:

Show me a single quarter of negative GDP growth in the US economy since 2002.

I have repeatedly thrown that challenge into the ring. Just step up and answer me. I dare you wouldn't.

#50     Mar 28, 2008