Where is the recession? Show me ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HedgefundTrader2, Mar 27, 2008.

1. How more backwards and behind the curve do you want to be? Would you rather see 2 qtrs of negetive growth for the "official "R" word to be legit, or would you rather read price action and get in early in the trend and then when the big "R" is here, you'll be nicely in the money.

Successful trading is about being AHEAD of the curve, not waiting for all the data to be in to make your play. By that time, you are the sucker selling to the smart money buyers.

#11     Mar 27, 2008

2. You realize that since I have been a member here, all you have done is turn negative and play with doom and gloom . You do realize that, don't you?

#12     Mar 27, 2008
  3. In terms of economic information, I don't know enough information. But the market knows more than enough information, so I take heed from what the equities market is telling me.

Recession and Expansion alternate in cycles, and we've been in an economic expansion for over the last five years... statistically it also very unlikely for it to continue.

A recession is not a bad thing anyways... we're brainwashed to think it is. Recessions clean out the excesses and brings prices back down to earth. If you have money saved up, a recession is much less harmful to your real wealth than periods of aggressive inflation.

In terms of any pundits who I listen to, Jim Rogers is probably the most meaningful. He has lived so much longer than me and his experiences alone allow him to view the world with a better sense of reality than most tunnel-visioned Wall-Street personalities. When he says recession, I listen.

#13     Mar 27, 2008
  4. 9999

You're hopeless.
    For our own sake (and yours), get some help and try to get a life.

#14     Mar 27, 2008
  5. Ha! I trade both sides pal, I'm not part of this imaginary doom and gloom crew that you have manifested into 90 different threads about the same thing.

Day7793, you registered in July 2007, look at a daily chart of the SPY. Guys like you and your ultra BULLISHNESS always seem to come in at the highs and then whine all the way DOWN :p

#15     Mar 27, 2008
  6. DennisR

DennisR

What if the 3 bedroom is on Park Ave in NYC and the house on the hill is in Niue (county with lowest GDP)?

#16     Mar 27, 2008

7. REBUTTAL to my post required. No personal attacks.

...Because it goes to show you are lots less intellectually than I am. I am still not responding to your attack, admire my self control please.

#17     Mar 27, 2008
  8. Can you explain what "lots less intellectually" means and, more importantly how this phrase actually makes one appear more intelligent.

#18     Mar 27, 2008
  9. dude, your an idiot. Everyone on this forum thinks your an idiot. Why do u still bother ?

#19     Mar 27, 2008
  10. 9999

I'm still waiting for you to answer my questions, mr. intellectual. And as I told you before, you're the one who started the insults game, remember? The only things "admirable" about you are your stubborness and your denial.

#20     Mar 27, 2008