Where is the money coming from?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by farmerjohn1324, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Market uptrended for 100 years on GROWTH! Now, Fed pumping has added to the "fuel" to juice markets higher (for greedy political purposes). All at the expense of inflation and $$USD currency debasement. Not a good thing.

:(

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    #51     Jan 2, 2020
    murray t turtle and ET180 like this.
  2. Personally it is only a bad thing for those whose wealth is entirely tied up in the stock market. I never understood the theory of tying up all your wealth and future into fake paper that floats on air in a bubble. This is the real tragedy of our financial system now. How many Americans have 100% of their retirement in Wall Street? How many companies put all of their wealth in their own Wall Street paper? How many business make money simply on fools buying more stock?

If the Fed pumped in money into the system and we used that money to buy houses, invest in small businesses, capital improvements, etc... then real wealth could be created. But no, cheap money chases fake money in the stock market which produced nothing but churns out service income.

Fed keeping rates low should also include a policy to drive real investments and corporate growth. Not only has the U.S. turned into a consumer economy but but we are also a stock market wealth center.

My situation may be unique (which is sad) but if the market dropped 400 points on a crisis, I would not be wiped out or have my retirement cut in half or my house foreclosed like whar happened to so many. I have money in the market but not as a main source of wealth, but as just one of many places to store it. I know for a fact how hard it is for small business that are solid to get funding to grow but any asshat can get access to funds to tick phuck and go long AMZN.

#52     Jan 2, 2020
    ironchef, ET180 and SteveM like this.
  3. Nobert

Nobert

Notice how emotional Warren gets.

Must heard this idea, of economists doing ,,well" in the game, and is - so , ,,full" of it.

That's why, any person that you disagree with, in here, might have a new, valuable perspective to bring in.

#53     Jan 2, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  4. George Soros was definitely an economist.

But I have something else as my primary profession, anyway.

Have you ever seen a billionaire technical analyst, either?

#54     Jan 2, 2020
  5. Nobert

Nobert

Yes, the one above, -

Warren ,

is playing that game, very well, imho.

#55     Jan 2, 2020
  6. You think Warren Buffett looks at Bollinger Bands? Lol.

#56     Jan 2, 2020
    ironchef likes this.
  7. smallfil

smallfil

I do not think there are any billionaire or millionaire economists. These guys always tell us what is going to happen next until, it doesn't happen and they are nowhere to be found.

#57     Jan 2, 2020
    Nobert likes this.
  8. If you're referring you the guys on tv, probably not.

George Soros, Ray Dalio, etc. These guys all study the macroeconomy.

#58     Jan 2, 2020
  9. Nobert

Nobert

Lol , good one !

Nah, he looks at ....

Ishimuku Clouds :D
    kidding...

I can't say what he looks at, but he definetly looks at something...:rolleyes:

Can't go on, just to ,,prove" my point.

#59     Jan 2, 2020
  10. The intrinsic value of the company. How much free cash flow it will earn in the future.

#60     Jan 2, 2020