Where is the money coming from?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by farmerjohn1324, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Yes. Money would leave the marketplace by being burned/destroyed in some other sense... or like moving into cryptos... any place away from the stock & bond markets.

As for inflation... money isn't destroyed per se... its buying power is. As for "balancing things"... absolutely does NOT do that... it's just destruction. Inflation is a baaaaaad thing. It's the excuse governments use to hoodwink the hoi polloi into accepting the greed of deficit spending and all the financial destruction it causes.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    #31     Jan 2, 2020
  2. Explain to me why there are zero practicing economists who are billionaires?

https://www.nateliason.com/notes/principles-ray-dalio

upload_2020-1-2_11-30-58.png

#32     Jan 2, 2020
    richDude and murray t turtle like this.
  3. #33     Jan 2, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  4. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

You keep saying that, like it was a good thing.

Also remember, many products move price without money being used, they trade on the margin. Gold is a perfect example.

You show me an offer $1 above last price for Feb gold, I say buy'em. We post the print. Golds up a dollar, and no money changed hands. Futures are so much fun.

#34     Jan 2, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob and damon_achey like this.
  5. LOL.

I'm calling it here. This guy is going to blow another account because he is so sure he is right.

#35     Jan 2, 2020
    damon_achey likes this.
  6. I've heard that economists haven't precisely identified why inflation happens. Maybe it's because more money is created than destroyed. The increase in money supply outpaces the increase in goods/services available.

How often does someone intentionally burn paper money? Or how often does someone accidentally throw away their hard drive with their BTC on it?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    #36     Jan 2, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  7. %%
    I get a check/checks monthly,or more worked for decades+ still do ; I also get ETfs dividends, some losses, some capital appreciation. I also pay for my candle charts/barcharts being printed , gave away my printer, so lots of ways to earn, make money , trade invest.
    Ever read the book Farmer John ''it's a Bull Market you knoW'' [ ??]Sorry I don't keep up much with silver+ gold , much anymore, but silver has been in a fair uptrend last I looked, but it pays no dividends....................................................................................................... I enjoy trend study, many timeframes; but not much money paid in bank interest/bond interest as a %

#37     Jan 2, 2020
    ironchef and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  8. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

It's his step-mom, and if there is one thing I have learned from the internet, it's that it's good to have a step-mom and step-sister.

#38     Jan 2, 2020
    Trade Theory, _eug_ and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  9. Yeah, well like I said. "Sideline cash" does not leave the market. It's more or less constant, just changes hands.

#39     Jan 2, 2020
  10. Is it constant? Or ever-increasing?

#40     Jan 2, 2020