Where is the money coming from?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by farmerjohn1324, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Some days (like today so far), it seems like everything goes to. Stocks are up, gold is up, bonds are up.

Where is the money coming from? Is it being created by the Fed through bank lending? Is the total money supply getting larger?

David Taylor and murray t turtle like this.
  2. Translation: you're short.

Don't worry about it, just follow the market. Is it fucky? Yes. So something will get fucked at some point. Can you predict when? No. So don't worry about it.

PennySnatch likes this.
  3. Actually my only real money investment is gold, which went up today.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  4. That's awesome. Do you think it's up because you thought it should go up?

5. I don't have time to respond to nonsense.

6. richDude

richDude

massive sideline cash, plus household debt compared to income is near record LOW.

We going much higher.

murray t turtle and smallfil like this.
  7. Is there a way to measure how much "sideline cash" exists?

Is this reflected in Forex market at all?

8. There is no such thing as "sideline cash" in any real sense. The only way cash is reduced is when it actually LEAVES the marketplace... as in moving to real estate, spent on drugs or other. Otherwise, cash just "changes hands" but is still in play.

9. Why can't rich people/institutions choose to keep their wealth in cash? How do you know there isn't billions or trillions of dollars of wealth stored in cash right now?

10. I've noticed you don't like to be challenged on your opinions. By going long GLD you are short the market (more or less) or short USD (more or less).

Everything is sort of crazy right now and something _will_ break. You don't know what it is. So trade what you see.

#10     Jan 2, 2020
    PennySnatch likes this.