where is the dollar is worthless et crowd?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Free Thinker, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Lethn

Lethn

The dollar is worthless crowd? I think we all proved our point when the stock markets crashed recently.

#21     Feb 5, 2010
  2. One morning we will have been right and you will find its too late to do anything about it.

In 1920's Germany, one single ounce of gold would buy a whole city block of homes.

#22     Feb 5, 2010
  3. I remember there was a guy here on ET not too long ago who was advising people to switch the base currency of their trading accounts from USD to EUR (when it was trading at 1.50). Never saw him again.

Another guy on here suggested that Americans (living in the US!) should take their USD pay checks and exchange them into foreign currencies in order to hedge themselves against the imminent collapse of the USD. That was three months ago.

The screaming is always loudest at intermediate tops and bottoms.

#23     Feb 5, 2010
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I still think it's worthless.

#24     Feb 5, 2010
  5. Lethn

Lethn

We don't bloody need to make any screaming or argument. We have a great depression and stock market crash that happened twice along with a recession. So long as you remain blissfully ignorant and in denial just like when people were warning about the recent recession that happened you'll be taken advantage of by the smarter folks.

Actually scratch that, it's not smartness that does it. It's the fact that you've been repeatedly programmed by a lying education system that refuses to be truthful to people about history which is why you have perfectly intelligent people coming out of university thinking that the markets crashed because of a "Crisis in confidence".

When even people from the BBC say this it makes me want to smack my head against a wall or table in despair. I'm prepared next time a crash comes round though. I reckon even if I don't have a lot I'll probably make thousands instead of becoming instantly unemployable if I invest right.

#25     Feb 5, 2010
  6. You are trying to apply human logic to markets. Would you rather be "right" than make money? I bet you would.

#26     Feb 5, 2010
  7. having sex with the gold bugs I guess

#27     Feb 5, 2010
  8. Lethn

Lethn

Sorry, I use common sense the majority of the time and human logic doesn't cut it for me when it's based on nothing.

#28     Feb 5, 2010
  9. So...

How much is paper money worth, anyway?

#29     Feb 5, 2010
  10. Lethn

Lethn

If we're talking reality it's worth bugger all, this paper money is really debt. Banks originally used it as debt for gold and silver, making it redeemable while they held it for people. However we don't actually know how much gold or silver is in the banks or whether they in fact have any at all. This is why so many people are beginning to call the fed out on their bullshit, how can they claim that the dollar is worth so much when they don't even have the goods to back it?

The federal reserve and the government would have gone bankrupt years ago if everyone knew the truth.

#30     Feb 5, 2010