Where is the bear market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Whats this recession about? Black Plague from Biblical Times?

#51     Mar 23, 2008
  2. WRONGO>

Markets have started moving up... precursor to balanced economic conditions. You can always see a glass half empty or half full. You ignore the facts those massive rate cuts are flooding the country with cash and a stable dollar getting stronger..

#52     Mar 23, 2008
  3. What fantasy world are you living in? The dollar hasn't gained much at all and the markets are still trending down.

Consumer confidence should scare the market on Monday.

#53     Mar 23, 2008
  4. DOW crossed the 50 day moving average on Thursday. Lets bury these shorts and blood sucking vampires into their cemented hatches.

#54     Mar 23, 2008

5. DJIA crossed 50 day moving average 3 times and closed above it. Negative sentiment is bullish for stocks. Yeah the per ma bears are waiting caution is required.

#55     Mar 23, 2008
  6. You don't seem to be able to have a reasoned discussion. If you read my post prior to the one you quoted, you'll see my observations. You have not responded with anything other than hyperbole. I'm done.

#56     Mar 23, 2008
  7. ashatet

ashatet

Yeah, sure, the market sentiment changes on an hourly basis, check out the videos on Bloomberg, one day all bullish and next day all bearish. The markets will not go down in a straight line, there will be rallies, just how many of these rallies did we have from 2000 to 2003 when the markets did finally turn around, about 50 I will say, so keep expecting these. JMHO...

#57     Mar 23, 2008
  8. ashatet

ashatet

well said, and I think that we would not have had these 5 good years if it were not for the ultra low rates, rates at 1% was just rediculous, its not too hard to spur the economy in the short run by these low rates, people buy homes, the prices keep going up, they dip in their home equity, and buy that SUV and everyone goes for a vacation to Bahamas, but guess what now is the time to clean up the act. Those Greenspan tactics have hurt us long term and now is that long term pay back time. Sure, if the oil could go back to $30 and every Central bank again starts buying dollar, sure, we can replace that SUV, but that aint happening this time around...

#58     Mar 23, 2008
  9. Are you saying people where not approved for morgages that were beyond their means? Are you saying lenders checked and balanced the ratio of the loan to the income of people getting those loans? Hedgefund2, it seems a free for all was happening on the part of lenders and buyers. Some lenders put their head in the sand and made liars loans...their objective was to close the deal...period. And some consumers exploited cheap money. Maybe you did not write these kinds of loans, but you cannot say it didn't happen. And it has snowballed as the ball was passed around.
    Now the balance sheets are not showing money that was suppose to be. Fed gives money to help out. And maybe its in the best interest of some banks to take over others because they are the bondholders. No doom and gloom, just looking at the picture.

#59     Mar 23, 2008
  10. Getting a home loan was never easy. Valuations were great hence lots of liquidity and available credit at the time.

The loans were made according to program guidelines and underwritten accordingly. The property valuations were great hence lenders had no problem.

The problem started when US consumers stopped buying real estate and the same valuations decreased. Now all of a sudden lenders are blamed and the finger pointing starts.

Still the main culprit is sitting on the fence and unless he starts buying nothing is going to work.

#60     Mar 23, 2008