Where is the bear market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Mar 20, 2008.

1. So we should be anxious about things that have not happened?
    Might as well fear walking out on the street.. a huge crane might fall on your head....

#31     Mar 22, 2008

2. Thursday Investors Business daily declared it as A FOLLOW THROUGH DAY and their outlook is now MARKET IN RALLY MODE.

CAUTION IS NEEDED, THERE ARE PERMA BEARS WHO GET ANGRY AND TAKE DOWN EVERY INCH OF GAIN.

#32     Mar 22, 2008
  3. When the Feds acted decisively and for the betterment of the financial markets you still have to find something negative about it?

Question not why they did it, question them what they did..

#33     Mar 22, 2008
  4. No, Bear Stearns structured very risky mortgages to people that COULD NOT AFFORD them and their excessive greed led to their collapse. Wall Street has been too greedy and what they, and many other banks did, has put the banking system on the brink of collapse. IF not for the FEDs super aggressive actions, who knows where we'll be.

Also the US consumer doesnt freeze in its tracks. It keeps spending and spending. Only now, when people cannot afford to live do they finally realize "oh shit, maybe we cant afford 11 Ipods anymore". Yes, US consumers are idiots overall and thats why they do not know how to stop spending until its too late for them.

who cares what the average ET trader thinks? None of us can really move the markets. We are small fish in the grand scheme. The reasons the mkts fell like they did was because there are real problems out there right now. The FED is trying to stabalize things and maybe they will succeed in the short run.

#34     Mar 22, 2008
  5. Hedfund2, I think its the opposite of what you say. You say becasue the consumer stopped buying real estate is the reason why the real estate and bankind industry is collapsing. But its really becasue the consumer bought tons of real estate they couldn't afford (and defaulted on) All the interest on those loans was suppose to be profit. Those banks sold off their debt, took their profit on the sale of those bad loans they made and had not a worry in the world about if those debts would pay out waht they were suppose to be worth. Now some banks that bought those loans whos value is based on the INTEREST are not seeing any of it. These banks think they have more money than they really do. Now the forclosures are record high and banks have to sell them to get SOME of their money back..but they sell cheaper..and that brings home prices down all around.
    No one really knows how big the loss is yet. That is real, not imaginary.

#35     Mar 22, 2008
  6. Look, the Fed did what it had to do. I'm just saying that an "emergency cut" is just that, done because its an EMERGENCY.

And emergencies dont come about because everything is sunshine and roses.

#36     Mar 22, 2008
  7. day (you do not trade for a hedge fund) 7793...you are on tilt. I pretty much have you on ignore, but then you quote me and your response was lacking in substance, and well pretty much everything. You own the crown for the best turd i've ever had to endure (non tapered variety).. the "little credit problem" is due to the media or shortsellers? I say bring back the uptick rule, a good trader never has a problem shorting a stock, I welcome it. When they bring it back, I will still be short what I want to be and make money...The only property you own is the treehouse behind your parent's house...happy trading ( for those of us that actually do). Being Easter weekend, i'll be nice and say....For the love of Pete, please stop posting here, it's just to damn easy....Maholo!

#37     Mar 22, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Trading Forum

Open discussion on all aspects of day trading and short-term investing.

Maybe their all too busy concerning themselves with short term price fluctuations. You know, like the forums description.

#38     Mar 22, 2008
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I've been nearly 100% in cash all year so far, myself and my investors have been pretty pleased with the position. For the first time that I can ever recall though here I find myself agreeing with stocktrader. Miracles happen all the time I suppose. I'll be interested to see how the market handles its first pullback, and if it does I will start building good sized long positions.

#39     Mar 22, 2008
  10. I agree, I traded with the UPTICK rule and had no problem.

I believe the UPTICK rule was abolished for Hedge Funds.

From all that has happen in the last 4 months, I do not believe we will enter a Bear Market this year. I believe the markets are down something like 11% from the highs.

The BEAR has been caged for now.

I would not doubt a huge BULL RUN and a crash to follow.

But that would only be the "BULL" taking out the all time highs.

You never know what the "powers" that be, will have this market do.

We are not in a BEAR at this moment and the FED stop't the BEAR dead in its tracks.

#40     Mar 22, 2008