where is ron paul?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 14, 2012.

1. rew

rew

I didn't say most Americans don't like war mongering. Indeed, if we look at all the Republicans who say, "I like Ron Paul, except for his foreign policy," it is clear that having a president who will get us into more wars is considered to be highly desirable by a large swath of the electorate. So most Americans will be getting the crappy government they deserve. Unfortunately I will also be getting the crappy government those other Americans deserve.

#11     Mar 15, 2012
  2. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Hard to win when you have a country full of people like in the video below. They cannot even answer a few simple questions about the candidate they support.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ovcdb6csHBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, listen to what one of the most notorious lobbyists has to say about Ron Paul.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nolt50xuibI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#12     Mar 15, 2012
  3. yea i know. everyone is blind except for ron paul you and some of the other intelligencia on et.
    ron paul presented his ideas in a very favorable climate and they were soundly rejected.

#13     Mar 15, 2012
  4. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

lol. His support is growing, has grown since 2008. The truth is the two party system is slowly dying. You belong in that video.

#14     Mar 15, 2012
  5. wow, in four more years if he doubles his votes again he will hit 16% in his home state.if he does that every election cycle in 20 years he may apporach 50%. wait,how old is he now?
    the problem is there is a limit to the number of people in the us that think like you guys do .
    i am still hoping that he is forced by his age to run third party this time. this is his last rodeo.

#15     Mar 15, 2012
  6. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

See, this is the difference between RP supporters and people like you. It is not about Ron Paul at the end of the day. It doesn't matter how old he is because his ideas are what we care about. It doesn't matter if he retires because in 2016 RP supporters will support candidates with similar ideas. Once you understand the concept of limited government, you cannot go back.

#16     Mar 15, 2012
  7. rew

rew

This is the kind of crap the Ron Paul supporters have to put up with:

"On Saturday March 10th, in Athens, GA, the democratic process was trampled on. The Athens-Clarke county GOP met to hold their annual county convention. The convention was held to nominate, approve, and pass slates of delegates to the party's district and state conventions. County chairman Matt Brewster and nominating committee chairman John Elliot blatantly broke the rules of their own party when they improperly, and without a majority, passed delegate slates and adjourned the convention amidst cries for "division", which is a call for a standing head count. With that, many sitting precinct delegates were disenfranchised, and the convention was improperly closed. When warned that their conduct was jeopardizing the status of the delegates and alternates for the entire county, the chair Matt Brewster directed all questions to John Padgett, who is the Secretary of the Georgia State Republican Party. Unfortunately, Mr. Padgett refused to answer questions and fled the scene along with the rest of the local GOP leadership."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UDChEDnISOw#!" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And that is why the neocons are winning.

#17     Mar 15, 2012
  8. Lornz

Lornz

http://www.livescience.com/18706-people-smart-democracy.html

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. - Winston Churchill

#18     Mar 15, 2012
  9. Stuck with Clinton ? The 23 million jobs created under his presidency,the balanced budgets,welfare reform,no major wars etc

#19     Mar 15, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Actually I guess Monica got "stuck" with him a bit more than the rest of us.

#20     Mar 15, 2012