Where Is Egypt Politics Headed?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi pspr,

Your argument was very valid and no one could argue against Pew and Zogby poll. I myself was bewildered by it to tell you the truth. I mean, we are not talking about a half assed website with a zionist agenda of hate promotion behind it, we are talking about a reputable entity behind that poll. I kept on asking my Egyptian friends about the result of such poll (Muslims and Christians), and the overwhelming response was no way on hell! They also wondered about the type of Egyptian governmental assistance behind it. One of them, who happened to be Christian, told me "how can that be when 15% of the population is made of Christians?"

As for the United States, Israel, Iraq, and Iran, you do not have to refer to Pew, it is correct, IF NOT HIGHER!

Anyway, below is an interview Bill Maher did with Mona Eltahawy, an Egyptian activist and columnist who explains in lament terms why the high percentage.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mJYBryXeGek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#11     Feb 8, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

Sameeh, let's see what eventually happens to the Egyptian government and what the people support. The poll doesn't give one the feeling this will turn out well, though.

#12     Feb 8, 2011
  3. At the end of the day, Brotherhood Muslims will be part of the government but they will never be the governing party. 2 days ago, they were the only party that agreed to sit down with Omar Suleiman, Israel's favourite choice and Mubarak's VP, doesn’t that make you wonder?

The people in the street dug them another hole for doing so to the point that they went out apologizing and trying to excuse their meeting as a pulse feeling. The answer came from the collective street that No one gave them the mandate to do that. Throughout the modern history of the Arab world, and since their creation in 1928, BHM always allied themselves with dictatorship regimes against the will of the people, this time, it is not different.

Also, whatever outcome of such election and whatever direction it takes (Generically speaking), the final say is for the street! After all, this is democracy, isn't it?

If Israel is concerned about the outcome and if Israel wants to maintain its positive relationship with any of the countries surrounding it, it should, instead of aliening itself with dictatorship regimes, adjust its behaviour and the way it conducts itself!
    The Arab street (Not the dictatorship regimes) see how Israel continues on ethnically cleansing their Palestinian brethrens, what they did to Gaza and the subsequent rejection of the Goldstone report and the rejection of all UN resolution condemning its practices, Israel should stop build illegal settlements in the West Bank against the will of the whole world, including its best friend the US, Israel should stop Judaizing Jerusalem by Ethnically cleansing its own Palestinian Muslim and Christian inhabitants against the will of the whole world, including its best friend the US, and Israel should lift the siege off Gaza which is killing 1.5 million Palestinians. Only then will Israel be able to reach out to the whole Arab world and live in permanent peace. Otherwise, it’s only ally in the region would be dictatorship regimes that are being dumped one after the other. Afterward, Israel cannot come back and cry about how bad the Arabs are.

#13     Feb 8, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

The Palestinians don't want peace. They refuse to recognize Israel. Don't blame Israel for their plight. They could get almost everything they want if they only would offer to live in peace. But no. They demand WAR and EXTERMINATION and that is what will happen to them if they insist upon it. Maybe the Palestinians should just go back to Jordan where they belong.

#14     Feb 8, 2011
  5. Who told you that? How the truth was reversed I do not know! It is Israel that does not recognise the Palestinian state and it is the PLO and the PA that recognize it since 1994. Where were you?? It is Israel who sent missions throughout the world asking them to vote against the creation of a Palestinian state. "As for us going back to Jordan", your view is shared with the vast majority of zionists like you, yet you still maintain the lie, with a straight face, that you want peace. Who are you folling?

Below, are some quotes by the present Israeli FM, that clearly shows Israel's views in regard to peace:

* In 1998, Lieberman called for the flooding of Egypt by bombing the Aswan Dam in retaliation for Egyptian support for Yasser Arafat.

* In 2001, as Minister of National Infrastructure, Lieberman proposed that the West Bank be divided into four cantons, with no central Palestinian government and no possibility for Palestinians to travel between the cantons.

* In 2002, the Israeli daily Yedioth Ahronoth quoted Lieberman in a Cabinet meeting saying that the Palestinians should be given an ultimatum that "At 8am we'll bomb all the commercial centers ... at noon we'll bomb their gas stations ... at two we'll bomb their banks ..."

* In 2003, the Israeli daily Haaretz reported that Lieberman called for thousands of Palestinian prisoners held by Israel to be drowned in the Dead Sea and offered to provide the buses to take them there.

* In May 2004, Lieberman proposed a plan that called for the transfer of Israeli territory with Palestinian populations to the Palestinian Authority. Likewise, Israel would annex the major Jewish settlement blocs on the Palestinian West Bank. If applied, his plan would strip roughly one-third of Israel's Palestinian citizens of their citizenship. A "loyalty test" would be applied to those who desired to remain in Israel. This plan to trade territory with the Palestinian Authority is a revision of Lieberman's earlier calls for the forcible transfer of Palestinian citizens of Israel from their land. Lieberman stated in April 2002 that there was "nothing undemocratic about transfer."

* Also in May 2004, he said that 90 percent of Israel's 1.2 million Palestinian citizens would "have to find a new Arab entity" in which to live beyond Israel's borders. "They have no place here. They can take their bundles and get lost," he said.

* In May 2006, Lieberman called for the killing of Arab members of Knesset who meet with members of the Hamas-led Palestinian Authority.

#15     Feb 8, 2011
  6. pspr

pspr

Don't spread lies, sameeh. The whole world knows the truth.

The Palestinians have repeatedly insisted that they would not recognize Israel as a Jewish state, and they wouldn't add anything new to the recognition of the state of Israel when the Oslo peace treaty was signed between Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and Israel in 1993.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90854/7145913.html

#16     Feb 8, 2011
  7. The whole world, aside from some right wingers and zionists on ET disagree with you! A small look at UN resolutions condemning Israel proves that.

As per the link above, I only managed to read one quote by, in my opinion, a Palestinian sell-out by the name of Nabil Sha'ath. Everything else had no substance what so ever and no evidence backing. In the so called "Article" posted by you, Nabil Sha'ath stated the following:

"Israel's demand of recognizing it state as a Jewish state "is unacceptable according to international resolutions, because it targets the right of return for the Palestinians who left Palestine in 1948."

Now I know for a zionist like you, this is shocking but the whole world views people who ask for a state pure of any other religion but Jewish as oh, I don't know, racist??

Why do you guys lie? Israel does not want peace. Israel wants to continue on its theft and ethnic cleansing without being challenged and if it is, then the others must be terrorists. To Israel, the best leader is the one who stands against his people’s will and serves Israel’s master plan. It is that simple! That is why, to Israel, Mubarak is the best and the 85 million Egyptians are all terrorists, including the 17 million Egyptian Christians.

#17     Feb 8, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

The U.N.! Are you serious? The U.N. has Iran complaining about U.S. human rights abuses. What a joke the U.N. is.

Just do an Internet search and you'll see that what I am reporting is true. Have you been locked in a closet or something for the last 50 years?

And here is some information that will really get your nuts in the cracker!

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-myths-koran-manuscripts.htm

#18     Feb 8, 2011
    #19     Feb 8, 2011
  10. What does the above link have to do about what we have been talking about in regard to the zionist state?

Is it an attempt to deflect?

#20     Feb 8, 2011