Where in the world is it easiest to get rich? | Harald Eia | TEDxOslo

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Apr 19, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

2. Why in the world they are all laughing after the each and every damn sentence!

comagnum likes this.
  4. DaveV

DaveV

Thanks DealMaker. Very informative TED talk. Hard to believe the USA is one the countries where you are least likely to move from the bottom 20% of income to the top 20%, yet the Scandinavian countries with their high taxes and social safety net are all in the top 5.

dealmaker likes this.

5. At the end of his presentation he had mentioned Scandinavia and had Norway and Sweden covered in the American flag.

I always thought that Finland was a part of Scandinavia as well.

Was leaving it out of the pic a part of his humor, or is it really not considered a part of Scandinavia?

6. kandlekid

kandlekid

VPhantom and DaveV like this.
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

No, not a part of Scandinavia. Ethnically Fins are related to Estonians, Hungarians and Turks...
    Icelanders are related to Scandinavians but Iceland is not a part of Scandinavia the land...
    American flag over Scandinavia as in the American dream is in Scandinavia not in USA...

DallasCowboysFan and Xela like this.
  8. Xela

Xela

And many to Russians: Finland was part of the Russian empire until declaring itself independent after the Russian Revolution in 1917.

Lukas V, VPhantom and Butterball like this.
  9. More like oherewise.Many Russians related to Finnish and Swedish folks.Karelia is still Russian.Like myself, i have the Polish roots , i`m a second generation Russian only.Grand grand farther was departed from Poland by coms before the revolution.

Xela likes this.
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Because the range of rich and poor is narrower and there are fewer advantages for the rich: for example good universities are prohibitevly expensive for the poor but not for the rich in the US.

#10     Apr 20, 2018
    VPhantom and Xela like this.