where have all the traders gone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jasmine1, Nov 7, 2005.

#11     Nov 7, 2005

2. wow i agree with you on something here!!! there does seem to be a lot of bizarre mentalities here and a thorough lack of saying "why" a person believes in a particular thought or idea. statements are just thrown out all the time without any details or beliefs from the person who posted --- if you post something then give some damn details as to why you think or have that opinion for the discussion involved.

and my gosh --- have some damn convictions about your positions ---- not "I AM LONG FOR THE YEAR --- UP 321% SO FAR", and then two days later "Told you the market would tank this week" ---- and if you are going to do this type of posting then tell us WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gamblers are all flash with no cash!!!!!!!!!!!

#12     Nov 7, 2005
  3. jasmine1

jasmine1

Two years of trendless markets (equities) with a strong mix of Algorithmic Computer Trading can hurt even the best traders.

All industries go thru hard times we are certainly not immune.

#13     Nov 7, 2005
  4. no , many of them lost their WS jobs and then find out that relative/benchmark performance ( read : when you trade other people money) is quite different from absolute ( read: when you trade your own money).

#14     Nov 7, 2005
  5. I agree, it's becoming rare here to get an intelligent response, joking or not, to any posts here.

#15     Nov 7, 2005
  6. jasmine1

jasmine1

What could give this thread value to me is some posts from my colleagues on how to better communicate here to get better results.

A natural trader's instinct is to fade another's point of view. Anyone posting casts an opposite opinion from it's readers standpoint - creating conflict.

okay and my point? The conflict created here may infact hurt readers performance.

#16     Nov 7, 2005
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Where have all the traders gone?
    Long time passing.
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn?

(Jasmine.....There's nothing wrong with the market if one knows what he is doing.)

#17     Nov 7, 2005
  8. jasmine1

jasmine1

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the market did I?

#18     Nov 7, 2005
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Well, if you want to get real, real, real technical.....

#19     Nov 7, 2005
  10. jasmine1

jasmine1

your real, real, real funny.

You post often - have you found this helps?

#20     Nov 7, 2005