Where has the volume gone ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by rfriend73, May 21, 2013.

1. pfranz

pfranz

Agree. These are the right explanations (in my opinion) to this kind of bull market. It's rigged and that's it, maneuvers have always been there (maybe now they are somewhat different as they're guided by central banks).
    It's funny to see how people try and justify this movement with "rational" ideas, fundamentals, etc., which miserably fall as soon as you start reasoning.

#21     May 22, 2013
  2. pfranz

pfranz

Maybe a bit off-topic, but... look at the chart: it shows unemployment from may 2011 to now.
    As you can see, it's decreasing at a 0.75%/year pace even now that FED has started QE3, and after 5 years of massive liquidity injection.
    This means that:
    1) at this pace, QE3 will go on at least 2 more years with at least its current size
    2) to maintain the same pace, an increase in liquidity injection was required.That makes me think that us economy itself hasn't got the strength to recover.

Now I'd like to see a decent reasoning showing that this bull market is justified by the economy.

#22     May 22, 2013
  3. toolazy

toolazy

you do not posses complete info. You base view on incomplete info served to you by elite that manipulates market. There is no guarantee info is correct.

GL with trading outcomes that rely on that info:)

#23     May 22, 2013
  4. pfranz

pfranz

Agree again. I'd never trade basing on information provided by media and institutions.
    I have a view but try to not let it influence my trading.

#24     May 22, 2013
  5. d08

d08

A 2% drop in unemployment does not justify this move, a 20% drop would have.
    As I said, this is like one of the players is playing with monopoly money and the rest aren't - whatever happens he won't lose. In my 10 years of following the markets I've never seen anything like it.

#25     May 22, 2013
  6. Ash1972

Ash1972

I think 1973/74 is the best analogy. A massive liquidity driven bubble led to collapse throughout '74.

#26     May 22, 2013
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sure there is. Flash crashes are not normal. If they become very frequent, then that is going to be the new normal. But just because the market is what it is that doesn't mean there isn't a normal characteristic to its behaviour...

Just so you know....

#27     May 22, 2013
  8. Yes, the forex market is like watching a turtle with a handicap cross the street.

#28     May 22, 2013
  9. Well it's very volatile today.

#29     May 22, 2013
  10. Bob111

Bob111

about time. cause i've been trading 1/3 of my regular(and already reduced size)volume picks up too.

#30     May 22, 2013