Where does the word "insurgent" come from?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oddiduro, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Where does the word "insurgent" come from?
    (LATIN) insurgere: to rise up
    insurgens, (gen: insurgentis): present participle

#41     Jun 2, 2006
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

There is no way no how anyone can say, at least not with the info we have right now, that going to WAR with IRAQ was a war against terror. First off thats not how you fight a War against terror. Sending most of you r armed forces to a nation to destroy its infratsructure to then spend billions in repairing it is an absurd way to fight terror. Then having to cut funding for NY and LA to top it off is really ludacris and a slap in the face to every American citizen..How most of you still find it in your heart to follow like sheep is asinine...How can you guys post that this is about a WAR on terror?? when in fact the number one terrorist is still roaming free warning us that he will still get us and no seems to give a flying f**k...man i got some freaken swamp land for sale in central florida if you numbnuts are interested...peace

#42     Jun 2, 2006
  3. Okay, so you weren't kidding.

Frightening.

Welcome to the Ignore club.

#43     Jun 2, 2006
  4. If the truth hurts then you will be in pain:D

#44     Jun 2, 2006
  5. No idea why I'm bothering, but...

Al-Qaeda (A terrorist group led by Osama Bin Laden, in case you're not familiar with it.) has been attacking the U.S. since the 1990's. They blew up the U.S. embassies in Kenya & Tanzania, the U.S.S. Cole, and of course- 9/11.

<b>The Taliban government allowed Al-Qaeda to headquarter on Afghan soil.</b> Al- Qaeda openly trained terrorists and planned attacks on the U.S. from their bases in Afghanistan, and the Taliban let them do it. Is all of this news to you?

#45     Jun 2, 2006
  6. The US govt was negotiating with the Taliban government regarding the Trans-afghanistan pipeline, as well as paying the mullahs millions for practically stopping the heroin cultivation. It appears as though the sanctuary given to "the terrorists" only became a problem when the pipeline negotiations fell apart.

#46     Jun 3, 2006
  7. Nope, not news. Just REALLY curious as to where public enemy number one, Sadd....I mean Osama, could be?

Maybe he's in Pakistan, hmmmmm......oh that's right, can't look there, they got the bomb!

Rearden, you seem fairly informed, try reading 1984. Orwell saw all of this coming.

Best
    Oddi

#47     Jun 4, 2006
  8. One of my all time favorite literary works, which I have quoted here repeatedly:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=985795

#48     Jun 4, 2006
  9. 'Now do you begin to understand me?'

Absolutely. Now if have also read The Foundation, by Issac Asimov, then try to understand being in the belly of a dying empire. An empire that will not die alone. An empire where it's citizens are nearly parrallel in mental and moral state to the citizen's at the end of her grandmother, Rome.

Like Rome, America will have to raise her taxes to pay for her ever less productive wars. The house of cards goes ever higher. Those that can leave will. The rest will live in poverty while their goverment tells them all is well. Virtually slaves.

I believe that you are from Israel. When America goes, and she will unless she looks to her own house, what becometh Israel?

:(

#49     Jun 4, 2006
  10. In fact, what galls me most about this war is that the deluded don't see that true patriots of this nation cannot help but oppose this "war"( Bush declared the war won some time ago).

Our administration seems impervious to the reality that we are spending far more than we are taking in. Yes, the government can print money all day long, but that devalues the currency. It is tragic to see the greatest experiment in our history in the United States of America pissed away so needlessly.

I fear that we have taken a course from which we will only recover at great cost and sacrifice, if at all.

#50     Jun 4, 2006