Where does the word "insurgent" come from?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oddiduro, Jun 1, 2006.

1. No, I am as serious as can be.

How was the Taliban hostile to US interest sufficient to warrant invasion?

Just one document will shut me up:)

#31     Jun 2, 2006
  2. Please never respond to my posts again, unless it is to answer the question that if the 9/11 hijackers were Canadian, would you advocate invading Canada.

#32     Jun 2, 2006
  3. “A senior delegation from the Taleban movement in Afghanistan is in the United States for talks with an international energy company that wants to construct a gas pipeline from Turkmenistan across Afghanistan to Pakistan. A spokesman for the company, Unocal, said the Taleban were expected to spend several days at the company's headquarters in Sugarland, Texas.” “Taleban in Texas for Talks on Gas Pipeline,” BBC News, December 4, 1997 (Sugarland is 22 miles outside Houston.)

----

I'm surprised there was no violence.
    And of course the right wing spin is that the Left roots for America's failure, stupidity knows no bounds when it comes to conservative thinking.

#33     Jun 2, 2006
  4. #34     Jun 2, 2006
  5. The only election that matters is the first one after all the foreign troops have left. Unfortunately, if history is any guide, the version of democracy that will be delivered is "One Man. One vote. Once".

#35     Jun 2, 2006
  6. uh oh, a non-reader.

I already answered that hapaboy. Go back and see.

#36     Jun 2, 2006
  7. I was aware of this.....the right seems to be in some kind of denial of a recent working relationship with the Taliban.

#37     Jun 2, 2006
  8. I saw it, but did not take it seriously.

Because you're kidding, right?!?

#38     Jun 2, 2006
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

wow...:eek:

#39     Jun 2, 2006
  10. Based on the logic of your fearless leader, that is exactly what should be done.

However, the reality is that your overlords need a FOREIGN enemy. A boogeyman from afar. In this generation it will be those dirty nasty arabs waaaaay over there.

The canadians are too close. If the Canadians did it, the spin would be 19 lone nuts who miraculously got together. Instead, it was Al-Queda(sp), therefore EVERY arab is a potential terrorist, right?:confused: :mad:

#40     Jun 2, 2006