Where does the word "insurgent" come from?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oddiduro, Jun 1, 2006.

1. maxpi

maxpi

The insurgency just does not want democracy. They got thrown out of power by an invading force and they are going into democracy only with kicking and screaming and murderous assaults on the invader. I would possibly call them spoiled little brats I suppose, if I needed a new word for them. Liberals in the US are doing the same thing since they started to lose power in 1992 elections. They started the partisan fighting thing by not allowind Newt Gingritch to publish a book and make some $. Pure brats without a good plan to lead the country, same as the Sunnis that are deposed in Iraq.

#11     Jun 1, 2006
  2. Not true. The last estimate I saw was that somewhere between 1 - 5% of the insurgents are the foreign jihadis aka terrorists aka evildoers aka the enemy. The remainder (95% +) are brave patriots fighting to evict the foreign occupation. It's very important to resist an occupation -- the citizens of a certain european country have been labelled "cheese eating surrender monkeys" for years because they chose not to resist. Who knows how different the history books might look today if...

#12     Jun 1, 2006
  3. Were the Indians "INSURGENTS"?

Are the Iraq people "INSURGENTS"?

Is the American Gov up to the same tricks again? Is the USA Gov's use of the word more of a sound bite rather than an accurate use of the word? I mean, what sounds better, calling FREEDOM FIGHTERS "INSURGENTS" or simply saying: "The fucking Iraq ingrates want the invaders to give back the country they have stolen"

#13     Jun 1, 2006
  4. #14     Jun 1, 2006
  5. Ricter

Ricter

We're there to establish American bases. That requires "boots on the ground".

#15     Jun 1, 2006
  6. Did they ASK for democracy? If they had ASKED for democracy, then kicking and screaming would not be needed, would it?

Maybe we should try this on General(not elected) Musharref of Pakistan. Let's see if he kicks and screams too.

#16     Jun 1, 2006
  7. Well, considering this, and considering the fact that the highjackers were Saudi's too, and we know where the Bin L*den clan is from, THEN WHY DID WE NOT ATTACK SAUDI ARABIA????

These "insurgents" from Iraq are doing exactly what you would do if thugs with guns showed up on your block, fighting where they can with what they can.

#17     Jun 1, 2006
  8. .....the French had decided to give Hitler a run for his money?

#18     Jun 1, 2006
  9. I have a feeling it's because the Bin Laden family is not the government of Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda wants to overthrow the Saudi Arabian government.

If the 9/11 hijackers were Canadian, would you advocate invading Canada?

#19     Jun 1, 2006
  10. Wasn't this the original logic of the Bush administration. They had WMD's? They were harboring terrorists? It was also the impetus for invading Afghanistan. Bin Laden was there, we were told. So, if follows that if the highjackers were Saudi's then where should we have gone?

#20     Jun 1, 2006