Where does everyone live/trade and how old.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Steve Tvardek, Dec 9, 2005.

1. So who cares if you bought a stock at 15 if your losing $$$$$?

#51     Dec 10, 2005
  2. fatrat

fatrat

25, Los Angeles, CA. Trade stocks and currencies. Flipped real estate for a quick buck, also. Former engineer.

Started full-time trading as a prop trader in June '05. First profitable month in Oct '05. Nov '05 was profitable. We'll see what December brings.

Average profit is still pretty low; roughly $50 if you look at the "long run." Pestering people like Tvardek and Maverick74 routinely for every little bit of knowledge. Certainly not elite.

#52     Dec 10, 2005
  3. Deptrai

Deptrai

Even though I am a forex trader, I actually read some of the postings by the stock traders here since you guys amuse me. I thought that you were in your 40s. Never thought that you would be younger than me.
    :D

#53     Dec 10, 2005
  4. I didn't clarify it enough for you. I finally started to become consistently profitable.

I have had +$11K days etc, but I wasn't a trader. I wasn't consistently profitable. Of course, anyone can be profitable. But to do that week in and week out takes exceptional skills.

Of course, I did it my way without any mentors or any systems etc and from the ground up.

#54     Dec 10, 2005
  5. Deptrai

Deptrai

I actually thought that you were in your 20s. You are old enough to be my uncle. :D

#55     Dec 10, 2005
  6. mizer

mizer

Why are you trying to start in on somebody saying they have been "trading a prop firms capital full time for 2 months"? Don't you have to start sometime and somewhere in history?

Who the f**K are you anyway to bash a new daytrader......some POS retail trader that borrowed 25k from mommy and blew the account up, and now is bitter cause you sucked? YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS'NT QUALIFYED TO TRADE!!

#56     Dec 10, 2005
  7. doublea

doublea

28..... Lincoln, NE.

Been trading stocks(part-time) for 4 years. Got into trading futures (part-time) last year after a year internship with a successful ag-trader.

#57     Dec 10, 2005
  8. TWMPMM

TWMPMM

35, Manitoba, Canada. Started trading 2 years ago. Still working to be consistant.

#58     Dec 10, 2005
  9. Deptrai,

Just curious why you though I was in my 40's? My girlfriend keeps telling me I am getting to be an old man...maybe she's right :D

#59     Dec 10, 2005
  10. CONR

CONR

Who gives a shit. What do you care? You either survive or you don't! People like you who rip on newbies act like they have been trading since they were 2. Everybody who tries something for the first time is new.

#60     Dec 10, 2005