Where do you normally daytrade from? Home or Office

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trendy, Dec 3, 2003.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Hmmm...I use DSL....I am at a dock....44 Motorcruiser.....and as far as gossip, we don't really talk to anyone here. There are only 4 liveaboards. When I lived in NY and the Keys, now that was another story. We used to say we had a soap opera "As The Prop Turns"....:D :D

PS...it is always Cathy.....Bob can't type.:)

#11     Dec 3, 2003
  2. but I wish I was Bobcathy...... ;-)

-momo

#12     Dec 3, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Hmmm...I personally do not have anything to "wank" with.....but I imagine for some of you that is a plus:D

I have always worked for myself.
    I just do not work and play well with others.

Today was fun....I christmas shopped and chatted online all day. Of course while trading for 60+ points (YM)
    You can't do that in a "real" job.

:D

#13     Dec 3, 2003
  4. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

I trade from a boat, a plane, a train. I trade while the market is insane. I trade with my cat for my hat. I trade options with MMs that are rats.

I didnt trade for 60 points today. ok. I hear some one coughing "bullshit"...away...over there...on one to be found.
    ET sounds like they have the Best traders in town.

Next thing i will hear is that someone is trading using their Eyewear that has a digital screen while sitting in a park feeding the fucking pegons....

lol

#14     Dec 3, 2003
  5. Ebo

Ebo

Wow!
    Some of us are bitter.

I just ordered a new Notebook and plan on trading poolside during January instead of freezing my balls off here.

ebo

#15     Dec 3, 2003
  6. pspr

pspr

Ahhh, that's the life. When I grow up I want to be just like you! :D

(But keep my wanker, of course.)

#16     Dec 3, 2003
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I've traded both at an office and at home.

Positives at home:
    (1) Commute is 5 seconds versus 15 minute drive to the trading office
    (2) Easy to shut down at anytime of day and go to the grocery, go for a run or bike ride or to the beach, etc. And it's then easy to start trading again after taking off. Being at the office didn't offer that flexibility.
    (3) Dress code was never a problem at the office but you do have to look somewhat presentable and that would suggest one showered and shaved. At home I can skip shaving a day now and then. Shorts and a tee shirt work fine for me.
    (4) My bathroom is 10 feet from my office at home. At the trading office I had to run down the hall to the bathroom on that floor.

Positives at the office:
    (1) We had a T1 line.
    (2) We had free lunches brought in now and then.
    (3) Bounce ideas off other traders.

Having done both environments trading from home wins hands down for me. The lack of people around doesn't bother me. In the office it could be chaotic at times with traders yelling every 4 letter word you can think of.

#17     Dec 3, 2003
  8. Just as I read this, "Get a Job' came on the tape player. I'm listening to the American Graffiti soundtrack as I work on spreadsheets tonight. Have a good one.

#18     Dec 3, 2003
  9. trendy

trendy

Hmm, change the station to Country Western, maybe you'll come across "Take This Job And Shove It" by Johnny Paycheck. :D

#19     Dec 3, 2003
  10. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

no not bitter, i just know better and i can smell the shit piles from here.

Trading poolside......wireless connection, trading while shopping and getting 60 ticks.....A butcher from Wharton making most Hedgefunds smell the dust as he cuts meat and puts up sicker than sicker returns.

maby most of the amatures from Yahoo and Barrons readers believe this crap..... not, and i have been trading for a living, intraday for over 8 years now.

Of course, i have been saving many of the post from ET. I plan on putting out a book in the next year.....making fun of Traders/Investors and their bullshit.

So, please...keep them coming..........., i also send these to fellow traders of mine who throw up their coffe laughing their asses off.

I tell them ET is like a drug......you know its bad for you, but it makes you laugh and feel good.

#20     Dec 3, 2003