Where do you go for news online?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by MrSly, Mar 22, 2010.

1. MrSly

MrSly

So you mean to tell me you dont read news about any of the companies you trade? in my opinion thats ignorant, your simply not using one of the resources available to you in order to form a good trading plan. When people read really good or bad news about companies they react to it, causing the price to move up or down sharply, if you choose to ignore that, you might get hammered and lose lots of money or just miss an opportunity to make a good bit.

Btw thank you all for your suggestions of sites its been helpful to me :)

#11     Mar 22, 2010
  2. joe4422

joe4422

tradethenews.com is good,

I also just found this one: skygrid.com

Seems interesting, haven't spent much time with it though

#12     Mar 23, 2010
  3. bat1

bat1

Trade the chart not the news

let me say this again...Trade the chart not the news

OK!:D

#13     Mar 23, 2010
  4. I don't trade individual companies, only indices.

#14     Mar 23, 2010
  5. joe4422

joe4422

Not everyone trades the same. I wouldn't tell that Paul tudor guy that he should stop trading news and start trading charts.

#15     Mar 31, 2010
  6. Lethn

Lethn

I've been recently realizing that there is an insane amount of propaganda and trickery revolving around the markets and by ignoring it you'll find that you are far better off NOT watching the news. Even the ones that try to make themselves out as all impartial like the BBC do bullshit to try and get you to invest in bad areas like real estate. It's okay listening to what they're actually reporting on but for fucks sake don't listen to their opinions or what they think you should sell or buy because they're morons or are just trying to trick you into buying into their agenda.

I think the only 'news' I watch is Jon Stewart because is show revolves around taking the complete piss out of the folks spreading all this propaganda and it's hillarious.

#16     Mar 31, 2010
  7. zdreg

zdreg

there is a search button in the upper right hand corner

#17     Mar 31, 2010
  8. Lethn

Lethn

Everyone knows most search buttons barely work since you have to sift through a load of unrelated crap generated via the keywords you put in.

#18     Mar 31, 2010
  9. The chain of influence is unbroken, when you read the news, what is the authors motive and who is his target audience? Be a critical reader.

Not what the author says is important but what does he want you to do, hence news is psychological junk food.

#19     Mar 31, 2010
  10. the only thing I'll agree with you

#20     Mar 31, 2010