where do you find stock picks?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trend2009, Jun 9, 2020.

1. every morning, when you sit down to trade stock, how could you decide which stock to watch? aheasup has stock sentiment gleaned from twitter. any other way to see which stock would be in play during the day?

2. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

I’d look out for anything event driven related (earnings call, bankruptcy, merger, acquisition or spinoff) and unusual volume screening.

But I don’t trade stocks.

Finviz for exemple

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

I used to copy paste 1 page at a time from a screener into my own code, then it would highlight big movers and volumes above average and 20SMA and other Crosses and I could tag 1's of interest, make notes and go through 100's of charts took 4hrs per night to get ready for the next day.

This is why I just trade DAX and NQ these days, Zero prep work :)

trend2009 and Sekiyo like this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Wait for a Black Swan Event...

Get a nice dart and throw it at your dart board. What ever it hits...Short it.

Next, wait for the FED and government policy to start printing money to fight off the Black Swan Event...

Go back to throw that dart at the dart board. What ever it hits...Long it.

wrbtrader

BlueWaterSailor likes this.
  6. guru

guru

Many traders use stock screeners (built into broker platforms) to watch out for pre-market gap ups and gap downs. Then they check for press releases or other news that may be the reason for the gap. And if it’s related to things like coronavirus, bitcoin or weed, then it’s a sure winner. (though recently bitcoin and weed are out, bankruptcies are in).

7. Zut alors! You have discovered my Secret Retirement Plan!

8. kmiklas

kmiklas

Bloomberg TV. Make sure you pay for a subscription.

Elly9 likes this.
  9. Elly9

Elly9

Agreed. That's a good source.

10. #10     Jun 10, 2020