Where do we Invest in 2012 and beyond????

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hayman, Aug 18, 2012.

1. the market isn't really moving.. volatility is low... the market has drifted high... so has the dollar ... with the dark clouds of uncertainty.. i wouldn't have my bets on an explosive move up! haha... plus just cause the vix is at a super low.. doesn't mean anything but stocks have stopped moving! the Drift before the Cliff.. the calm before the storm... its fucking nature at work!

#31     Aug 19, 2012
  2. hayman

hayman

Total disconnect between the world's economy and the equity markets. To me, a current doom & gloomer, this smells a lot like the Credit Crisis all over again.

#32     Aug 19, 2012
  3. who would know better then Cat... i would guess alot of big guys are power dry and if liquidty drys up and people start ditching it will be a long fall!

#33     Aug 19, 2012
  4. hayman

hayman

Yeah, tighten your seat belts. Still, in this climate, I don't feel comfortable investing in anything.

#34     Aug 20, 2012
  5. Bob111

Bob111

feel ya. i'm in exact same position. lot of cash sitting in various cd,mm's. had good run on muni etf's,but sold most of them this spring

#35     Aug 20, 2012
  6. hayman

hayman

Smart and safe move, Bob. I'm winding out of some 3-4% CD's thru beginning of 2013. Sitting mostly in 1% MM funds now. What to do, what to do.......I guess if nothing is clear cut, better to sit on my hands, and lose a little to inflation.......

#36     Aug 20, 2012
  7. hayman

hayman

Contemplating shorting Crude ETF as a short-term move........total disconnect on price vs. World Economic outlook, IMO.

#37     Aug 20, 2012
  8. I know this post will get nothing but scorn on this thread, but I'm moving all my cash that is not spoken for in my will (I wish they would let me bet on the over under) to VDIGX on the close today.

#38     Aug 20, 2012
  9. Bob111

Bob111

#39     Aug 20, 2012
  10. Why not invest a small portion of money in trading. The risk is that you lose the investment, the reward is that you make 20 - 50% per year.

I think this is conservative, since you are going to lose the majority of your money to inflation right now. However, by taking on a little risk on a small amount of money, you offset inflation.

Now I offer this as advice since you posted your question on "EliteTrader", which is a site about trading.

#40     Aug 21, 2012