Where do we Invest in 2012 and beyond????

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hayman, Aug 18, 2012.

1. yeah that sounds about right

#101     Aug 25, 2012
  2. speaking of double posts, there's a lot of paradoxes in my thinking. I have a ten year plan, but that is mostly just to make me feel less guilty for ignoring my parents and my teachers advice.

In reality maybe I can see 7 or 8 days ahead and act accordingly

#102     Aug 25, 2012
  3. the farther out the fuzzier in my opinion.. who can really price the future anyway?

#103     Aug 25, 2012
  4. hayman

hayman

Hence, the reason I started this thread.

#104     Aug 25, 2012
  5. realizing how random things are and how fuzzy things get as you go out into the future does not give you an opt out for being responsible for the things that will happen... my thoughts are.. is it possible to make money in all senarios? meaning a breakout up.. a non event or a 20 percent correction.... find trades that each have payouts that are multible times the buy in for each senario and place more bets on what you think might happen.. i think this might be possible i don't know... if you pairs trade with several pairs that are uncorrelated to each other with options instead of underlyings.. volatility trade with options with butterflys and ratio backspreads and term structure trades in futures...
    i don't know i might be crazy..

#105     Aug 25, 2012