Where do the Top Traders Trade?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by pokerplaya, Jan 27, 2009.

1. 1) I didn't say I was the one who made 8 figures, you functionally illiterate whore (I was the second guy---which is still waaaaaaay more money than your old skanky ass has ever seen.)

2) You are the failed trader. It's written in your posts. LOL. You are soooo pathetic.

3) If you can actually get a man to bang your nasty snatch, please don't reproduce. You're too stupid to take care of a child.

#31     Jan 29, 2009
  2. Midas

Midas

Go to a prop. firm and look for good traders that the firm tuned to managers who get commission overrides on traders who they mentor.

These guys offer a 1 week hands on course if you are interested in pairs and arb. (merger and statistical)

http://www.pairtrader.com/index.php

they are a good group of guys. Bright affilated.

Good luck

#32     Jan 29, 2009
  3. timcar

timcar

Seems the OP wants someone to hand him a playbook which says buy here and sell at this point. Most great traders on this board learned the basics by: reading books attend seminar: then are able to apply this basic knowledge to the current market environment.

PROP shops provide very little training. What PROP shop provides to trader:

1. Huge trading capital so trader can make a living.
    2. Awesome trading platform which allows trader to execute fast orders.
    3. Bi-weekly payouts so trader can pay monthly expenses on time.

For this trader puts up a money deposit($5k to $50k) at PROP and pays a commission rate on all his trades along with other fees.

In the end it’s up to trader to make his own money. PROP shop is not there to show you when to buy and sell. PROP shop is there to provide the above tools for trader period. not there to show you how to trade.

#33     Jan 29, 2009
  4. Why dont you go and join a boot camp with don bright bright traders
    They seem to be doing preety good
    They will teach you Pairs ARb and a lot of other stuff
    $10K is not worth cause it is very difficult to follow some one indicators or how he trade,s
    Ask some one who has gone to the booth camp and see if it is worth
    Education and knowledge is always very helpfull in life and not just trading

#34     Jan 29, 2009
  5. LVMises

LVMises

not entirely wrong, but nonetheless, generalizations littered with absolute statements about an industry (prop trading) much more expansive than your description provided

#35     Jan 29, 2009
  6. go back further and you will see my previous journal where I was shorting in an up market.

I am currently long GE(short puts), long LVS(via stock and short puts), long USO (short puts), and long via options PNC. So I do know how to be long as well and yes all those trades are profitable.

Like everyone else I do better in an uptrend.

#36     Jan 29, 2009
  7. Thanks, Actually not looking for "students" I would only do this once for the experience.

I consider my setups worth more than the price I stated but I think there is value in doing this once.

Anyway, best of luck to you and I hope you find the success your looking for.

#37     Jan 29, 2009
  8. Loki

Loki

It is not about me and it is not about you either, it is about the person who is going to pay you $ 7500 for sitting two weeks with you in your office.

You can talk about "students" and "experience" and "setups" and about finance and trading all day long.

One question always stands: CAN YOU MAKE MONEY ?

If you can make money you will have a 3-5 years track record to show, if you can not show your performance everything else is irrilevant.

#38     Jan 29, 2009
  9. Ummm, your audited returns please? Otherwise, you are indistinguishable from the 99% of "mentors" or trainers who have no idea what they are talking about. Most ET gurus are not. They just talk well.

Anyone who would hand over $7500 to an anonymous "you can see me in the chat room" is in need of mental help.

There are 3 types of gurus:

- Those who need the money because they cannot trade.

- Those who provide track records that are cherry picked examples, very short, hard to verify, etc. based on "trust me"

- Those who readily provide verifiable, provable, testable long-term profitable track records/audited returns. These are gold and worth the price.

Seriously.

#39     Jan 29, 2009
  10. I think that you should first do some soul-searching and find out what type of trading suits you (and your capital trading account!), i.e. swing, position, scalping, bottom-picking, top-picking etc...because frankly, I have seen many would be traders "train" to be traders by a mentor, but the mentor's style did not fit the prospective traders psyche. Ascertain what type of trading you want to initially focus on (you can always expand and broaden your trading acumen) and do some homework on your own (books, articles) so when you do find a mentor thats suits your *style*, he/she will be receptive because you actually have something to contribute besides newbie questions and wide-eyed stares.

I have a few people in mind for you. PM me when you have done some homework.

#40     Jan 30, 2009