Where do the Top Traders Trade?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by pokerplaya, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Angrypussy has no idea what she is talking about.

Eight traders in my area-- One made 8 figures, one made 7 figures, two made mid 6 figures, three made low 6 figures, and the other was up slightly.

Angrybitch doesn't even trade (read it's posts). She is a failed trader who thinks that because she failed no one else can do it.

------------------------------------------

Find a good office. Take it slow (don't try to make money for the first few months. Try NOT TO LOSE money). After some time, hopefully you make friends with some of the good traders and they will help you.

#21     Jan 28, 2009
  2. Loki

Loki

Hello,

I consider myself a pro trader meaning that I don't have any other job than trading. I have been doing it for 3 years and I have been making money for every year. Last year I was up 30%.

No financial book, website or seminar ever told/taught me how to make money. They all gave me a starting point. How did I learn and how am I still learning ? I trade. I learn by doing it.

If you are a friend, related, know people or get a big strike or luck you might find someone who is willing to teach you, but that's the exception, not the rule. They will only be willing to teach you because they like you as a person not because of your potential or because you are intelligent.

It sounds like the OP is looking to get something for nothing.

To get something for nothing is a very popular concept in our MTV colture, there are only very few exceptions and it never works.

My suggestion for the OP is to raise 100k and trade not to make money, but to stay alive. If you can do it, if you can stay alive for a few years it is only a matter of time before you figure out how make money.

Any business requires sufficient capital to sustain it. One of the major reasons a business fails is because of under capitalization. If you are trading, you must have adequate capital if you want to remain in business. If you do not have adequate capital, do not trade.

#22     Jan 28, 2009
  3. LVMises

LVMises

Good advice CL, I concur.

#23     Jan 28, 2009
  4. ok, here is the offer.

$7500 for two weeks with me in my office and I will disclose to you one setup that you will be able to walk away with after training and be able to make money in the markets. You will before you leave have made winning trades and possibly if you have an account size large enough made all your money back at the end of the two weeks.

To be clear I am not in the business of training traders and the only guarantee is to provide you with the methods and the mind set needed in how to make money the way I do. You of course will still have to pull the trigger but as I am very mechanical that part should be easy. I use set entries and set exits. You set you trading software and your good to go.l

This will also not be a running program either. I am willing to do itt for a few people (if we get enough interest and desire maybe we could do it in vegas or somewhere fun)

For me it will be the fact that I will then be able to say I have trained some successful traders

For the candidates it will be training unlike any other that is out there as I am not a trend follower and I short over 97% of the time

you can PM me if interested and if I don't receive any takers that will be fine. If I get more than a few then I may have to pass on some as I do not want the concept to get beyond traders that I have trained in.

Too much money?? want to talk to me for free?? I am in the ET chat room just about everyday giving out live calls for free. This week I am at location in Disney World so my trading is a bit thin and only early during the open

#24     Jan 28, 2009
  5. Loki

Loki

I am not interested, but your offer is very reasonable as long as... you can show a consistent track record, meaning you can prove and show your prospective students that you have been making money in the last 3-5 years.

#25     Jan 28, 2009
  6. dve250

dve250

Only one setup and you go short. Seeing as many setups as I have I bet I can guess what it is. But if you go short 97% of the time you must not have many setups in a day since the good ones don't form that often.

#26     Jan 29, 2009
  7. dve250

dve250

Another thing I should add is your short setups have been working the past year, based on your journal, in a downtrending market, so those were a safe bet. What happens when an uptrend starts, does the method work then or haven't you tested it in an uptrending market yet.

#27     Jan 29, 2009
  8. Awe...did even Miss Rosey Palmer reject your teeny weeny peeny? Or did your parents finally kick you out of their basement at the ripe old age of 54? That must have made you pretty angry, huh?

The only time you ever saw 8 figures is when you stepped on the scale.

Now, go back to the homeless shelter and let real traders advise the guy so he can actually try to get his career off the ground. Your failed life strategies haven't helped you, so don't fuck it up for this fellow.

#28     Jan 29, 2009
  9. Dustin

Dustin

lol focus on Lescor, he blows my numbers away.

imo one way you could approach finding a mentor would be something like this:

Offer to pay someone the equivalent to what they make per week up to a max. Eg. if the trader says he makes $10k a week then you pay up to that amount to watch. If he only makes $1k during you training, then you pay $1k. If he makes $20k, you only pay $10k. That way it's in both of your best interest to see the trader perform.

#29     Jan 29, 2009
  10. What you ask for doesn't exist.
    The alternative is if some people know of worthwhile youtube etc who could recommend to you.

Also, don't forget the 10k law...hours that is.

#30     Jan 29, 2009