Where do REAL day traders chat?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by cashmoney69, Apr 30, 2006.

1. lescor

lescor

I'm on IM with about 4 other traders during the day, but we all know that if there is no reply to a message it's because the other guy's busy.

Our office recently set up an audio/text chat with the head trader calling out trades and talking like on an inter-office squawk box. It's been pretty cool.

#21     May 11, 2006
  2. Yep, distractions are a bitch! :)

#22     May 11, 2006
  3. there's plenty of us in da et chat; sometimes we waaaay off topic but u wud understand that if u are in there all day long every freakin' day...n', man, when da paid entertainment comes in, u just cannot miss it, hee hee.

by da way it ain't a distraction for me at all..if i need to concentrate i minimize da window'n'mind me own biz'n'just before da bell'n'at open i rarely have a look at it.

#23     May 11, 2006
  4. What you all will need to understand about ET chat is that Bitstream tends to steer the conversations from trading to homothexual topics. It's a decent room when we talk trading or gossip about Mav and Surfer.

#24     May 11, 2006
  5. Precisely. When the market is moving I turn AIM off completely. That's why I like just posting on here when not trading - set it and forget it.

#25     May 11, 2006
  6. True innet[?] :D :D :D :D

- Spydertrader

#26     May 11, 2006
  7. what u all need to understand is that riskius is a fluffer'n'these are just pathetic attempts to deflect attention from his own deviant desires. not only he's very fond of bathtubs but he also seems to have a weak spot for trans-genders, check out da logs, am sure u'll get all da answers.

#27     May 11, 2006
  8. Complete fabrication. I was not the one who originated the fluffing convo... I believe that was Banjo or Mav, at your behest.

Typical chat log:

Maverick74: GW looks very masculine today. hmmh*
    Bitstream: PEIX is up 8.9%, damn, missed it!
    Maverick74: You should be trading on a risk haircut.
    ZZZZzzzzzz: RAD hitting NHs.
    Bitstream: Mmmm, pineapple fritters... I am starving!
    Batterup: Mav?
    Maverick74: ?
    Batterup: I have some fibonnacci retracements you should see.
    Maverick74: Yeah, send them with Crawford's astrological bullshit.
    Bitstream: Does anyone hear read Men's Health or Intl MALE?

It degenerates into lude and debauched same-sex ramblings from that point.

*hmmh = he makes me hard

#28     May 12, 2006
  9. People still use IRC? How do I find the futures rooms? What channell they on? Do I need to download MIRC or some other chat client to get on there.

#29     May 12, 2006
  10. Where is niha's room? I never heard of it.

#30     May 12, 2006