where do I start?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by gnom, Jun 9, 2010.

1. gnom

gnom

Is it possible to automate my strategies without knowing C# or other programming language? Which software can I use for it?

2. gnom

gnom

Can Ninja can and execute 10-20 trades at the same time via IB?

3. My experience is with broker MB Trading.

And I haven’t ever used NT to manage more than 15 “live” intraday stock autotrades/positions at any one time.

So I will let you decide whether my experience is relevant to you or not ...

On the whole it has been fine. The only significant difficulty that I have experienced is when an entry order was filled via lots of smaller partial fills (I think the “magic number” was about three). In these cases, I have often found that associated stop/target orders may get “lost” for part of the position. To address this (as I am always sitting there watching my computer trade anyway!), a quick check of the order book will allow me to correct the order quantities manually if necessary. This works fine for me.

To be honest, I have not been able to establish whether the above problem is NT’s or MBT’s. I always find NT’s support very helpful, while MBT’s technical support is the complete opposite (not the folks on the MBT trade desk, who are great)...