where did u all learn how to trade?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ebayuser, Sep 19, 2004.

1. minx

minx

Yes, it does take a long long time to feel confident. One thing I would say when looking for chart patterns, change your graph to a line chart, it can make the pattern more visible, then go back to your candlesticks/bars and your brain knows what to look for in the future.....

#31     Sep 28, 2004

2. LOL

You mean a Cup an Saucer!

Pattern recognition is the easiest method to trade with it just takes a little practice and the RIGHT guidelines.

There are several EXCELLENT books out there on it and I would highly recommend you read them.

If you stay pure and do not add any indicators you will become an excellent trader and have a deep understanding of HOW the markets move.

This doesn't necessarily mean you will be profitable THAT'S a whole other story.... :D

#32     Sep 28, 2004
  3. Imagine

Imagine

it was the cup and handle pattern not tea cup. My fault.

confused it with saying to myself i should just read tea leaves.

thanks for the encouragement.

#33     Sep 28, 2004
  4. initial tuition was cheap. As markets have changed I had to pay the tuition as brokering is also hard as clients come and go...
    I would say my brake came at ETG (a prop firm), trading/scalping listed stocks. I have learned a lot there. don't can't use that anymore. Go figure....
    Now I only focus on futures and mainly spreads, options and other non outright "fuck me market" strategies...
    I am still paying tuition at times...

#34     Sep 28, 2004
  5. David LaCroix helped me out...

#35     Sep 28, 2004
  6. mrclean

mrclean

What do you guys mean when you talk about 'prop'?

#36     Oct 15, 2005
  7. worked on the cbot floor (clerk, 30s & 5s) for 3yrs & got into using the monochrome CQGs on the floor after like 6 months...buddies father gave me the Nison candlebook (end of 1st yr on the floor), couple years later i got kinda lucky & was handed a job trading the screen side of the bund arb in london -'97.

#37     Oct 15, 2005
  8. Proprietary...means you work for a firm and trade their capital for a split of your profits. typically, its 40/60 or 50/50 to start. maybe $1000/month guaranteed, give or take.

#38     Oct 15, 2005

9. I learned from kiwi posting trades in some old geezers free trading room :D. Where you hangin out now bro.

#39     Oct 15, 2005
  10. Hume's Investment Group - Ted Spread, Sugar 11, Oil Parlay...et all
    Ken Roberts - Introduction to Futures Trading.
    Commodity Trend Service (Nick Van Nice) - Introduction to Technical Analysis.
    Welles Wilder - Delta Phenomenon/New Concept in Technical Analysis.

I was successful trading Futures '95/'96 before switching ground to options trading in 1997. It's been success galore since then!

#40     Oct 15, 2005