Where did I go wrong thread (Trade Journal)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by iamnewuser911, Jun 26, 2016.

1. hello all

I have decided to start a thread on all my trade.

I trade Forex, hope people can comment on my trades and charts.

I am not profitable, but I am determined and definitely want to become profitable.

2. qxr1011

qxr1011

u trading fantasies (exemplified by the arrows and notations on your charts), not method

Xela and K-Pia like this.
  3. What method would you use to trade the above charts?

4. Xela

Xela

I have to say that this was exactly my instinctive reaction to those charts and annotations, too; sorry.

5. Dolemite

Dolemite

This is where you went wrong. You are competing with not only institutions but foreign govts, largest banks in the world, etc.

vanzandt and JackRab like this.
  6. TradeCat

TradeCat

Forex = Lottery

If you want to really trade, stick to the regulated financial markets.

kcgoogler likes this.
  7. qxr1011

qxr1011

most of the times (unless one trades something extremely exuberant or where there is no market) it does not matter what instrument one trades, what matters is how he trades it

8. qxr1011

qxr1011

my method

but we talking about your method (or rather luck of it)

one have to start with something... we all starting with whats done before us, and continue to develop by building upon it

lets assume that classical TA works, based on that TA you indicated support and resistance lines on your charts, so why do not you try to trade off them?

like here:

https://www.tradingview.com/x/P25RcyRE/

why do not you try to buy on support, or sell on resistance ?

instead you trying to catch-up the accelerated trend on his approach to support

9. I'm doing it wrong then? Look for strong daily trend, then enter on lower time frames on a support turn resistance/resistance turn support?

I'm not sure but I am not a big fan of buying on support but rather a resistance turn support vice versa. The trend is definitely down and looking to continue so I enter on a lower time frame to maximize risk reward? Since that seems to be a high probability short until that triangle support, instead of buying it, which looks like it will break.

#10     Jun 26, 2016