Where Did Global Warming Go?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

So...why do you continue to install coal fired electricity gulping HVAC systems?

#11     Jan 5, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

FC has got to be the most close minded, stupidest, moron on the planet. Oh wait, AK might give him a run for his money.

#12     Jan 5, 2013
  3. wildchild

wildchild

The hoax is over. Obama is going to have to find another excuse to bankrupt the coal industry and cause our electricity bills to skyrocket.

#13     Jan 6, 2013
  4. nitro

nitro

I appreciate you taking on these people over the fact of Human Forced Global Warming. I used to do it long ago when I thought it was an important fight.

There will be people that believe the earth is flat, that we never went to the moon, that the universe was created in six days, that evolution is opinion, that Peak Oil is a theory.

I realize that you are fighting the "you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts" war. And it is a just war. My claim is that this war has been won already because scientists have finally convinced the people that matter. Almost every country in the world that is reliant on carbon fuels is investing in alternative energy sources as a result. Too bad electricity is so hard to store and transport efficiently, or the entire world would already be far more heavily invested on solar power. As I mentioned long ago, as electron microscopes help us understand how a single leaf does what it does, solar panels will dominate the industrial landscape.

Continuing this debate with people here is like trying to convince people that believe the earth is flat. However, if these endless debates is entertainment for you, then I apologize for the intrusion.

Your chart should go back to the industrial revolution - it would be far more accurate.

FWIW.

#14     Jan 6, 2013
  5. wildchild

wildchild

Al Gore's bank account thanks you.

#15     Jan 6, 2013
  6. pspr

pspr

The Democraps? They don't need convincing. They just see a new tax structure they can exploit. GW fits right in with their 'let no crisis go unexploited' mentality. Even if it is a made up crisis.

If anyone believing in man made global warming was serious they would consider alternative planet cooling that would cost much less and not be harmful to the economies of the world. The fact that 'cap and tax' and other economic measures are the only ones considered is telling of their true intent.

As early as 1974, Russian expert Mikhail Budyko suggested that if global warming became a problem, we could cool down the planet by burning sulfur in the stratosphere, which would create a haze. Paul Crutzen suggests that this would cost 25 to 50 billion dollars per year. It would, however, increase the environmental problem of acid rain. However, this is now believed to be a minor side effect.

A preliminary study by Edward Teller and others in 1997 presented the pros and cons of various relatively "low-tech" proposals to mitigate global warming through scattering/reflecting sunlight away from the Earth via insertion of various materials in the upper stratosphere, low earth orbit, and L1 locations.

#16     Jan 6, 2013
  7. " Where Did Global Warming Go?"
    1) Obviously the back burner.
    2) Winter hibernation perhaps?
    3) or oh shit we need to invent a new disaster whilst we completely ignore
    consequences (both monetary and social ) of the fiscal one we've
    created.

#17     Jan 6, 2013
  8. oh man you forgot to include politicians, but then again maybe not.
    I suppose a good portion on them cannot be considered to be "on the planet ".

#18     Jan 6, 2013
  9. jem

jem

I should give up arguing with people who pretend they have superior knowledge who pretend to love science and the scientific method, but who throw such cause and effect empiricism out when it comes to CO2 accumulation.

The left never explains the fact that the ice core studies show that warming precedes CO2 accumulation and that cooling precedes CO2 dissipation. Where is the empiricism... now I ask?

While man (because there are so many of us and we eat cows) or sun spots, or natural cycles of the earth may be causing some of the warming... there is zero evidence CO2 accumulation is not just a byproduct of the warming.

#19     Jan 6, 2013
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well now you're just talking facts.
    "They" prefer emotions over facts.

#20     Jan 6, 2013