Where can i safely park my money?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by konviction, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Now that im trading again, looks like I dont need to park my money any more however bond etf's seemed to have done well.

ishares bond fund etf (AGG) --> + 8.24% in 2009

iShares S&P/Citigroup International Treasury Bond Fund (IGOV)--> + 22.2% in 09

ishares corp bond fund (LQD) --> 21.3% in 2009

#51     Jan 11, 2010

2. how safe are these...

folks thought Lehman/Bear Stearns bonds were safe investments in 2007

#52     Jan 11, 2010
  3. Bob111

Bob111

performance of pretty much everything looks great today..
    read more about bond prices and Fed's rate. add inflation and bond prices..simply put-rates down,bonds price up. and opposite.

#53     Jan 11, 2010
  4. Do some business If you Idea about it.. that's the good option..

#54     Jan 12, 2010
  5. supremo

supremo

i put it on different nests like stocks and bonds for short term, medium and long term.

#55     Jan 12, 2010
  6. Buzzed

Buzzed

Anytime. Alot can change in 2 years with p2p lending, since it is in it's infancy still. You may also want to know that is a pending lawsuit against Prosper led by many of it's original investors for apparently fraudulantly underselling bad debt. I read that one of the investors actually offered to buy some of the bad debt, and Prosper ended up selling it for less than what that investor offered them.

#56     Jan 12, 2010
  7. Tom C

Tom C

Good to know. Thanks,

#57     Jan 12, 2010
  8. Buzzed

Buzzed

I just want to stress that this is an accusation. Nothing has been proven in court yet, as far as I know. This information was just gathered from Google searches I made some months ago as I wanted to know more before deciding to make an investment into p2p lending sites.

http://www.prospers.org/blogs/Fred93/2008/06/25/prosper_com_lender_lawsuit

If you wish to read the lawsuit, there is the link.

#58     Jan 12, 2010
  9. dhpar

dhpar

for instance new CIT bonds offer 9%+ YTM and the company got rid of 11bn of debt via chapter 11. it also got rid of TARP (via default). there is a new high profile board and there will be new CEO soon (hopefuly Thain). within 3 months these bonds are going to tighten by 300bps+.

good luck and do your own dd

#59     Jan 19, 2010