Where can i safely park my money?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by konviction, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Corporate Bonds

Include corporate bonds in your bond investing strategy to get the highest interest rates. Corporate bonds are bonds issued by businesses. These bonds are sold and traded much like stocks. Because there is a chance that the corporation may fold during the term of the bond, interest rates are often higher than for government bonds.

#41     Jan 10, 2010
  2. Stosh

Stosh

If you want to research the real estate market, there are some fantastic deals for those who know what they are doing and have the cash. Stosh

#42     Jan 10, 2010
  3. Humpy

Humpy

Give THE MAN a coconut !!

#43     Jan 10, 2010
  4. Jesus

Jesus

I wasn't talking to you

#44     Jan 10, 2010
  5. spindr0

spindr0

You can get a 6% or so yield from utility preferred stocks. You have to be cognizant of the interest rate cycle as well as stepping aside when the market is melting down in which case, they're quite tradeable.

6% isn't a fortune but most are issued at $25 and you'll eventually get that at maturity (or if called) unless they're perpetual. Remember, we're talking low risk,

#45     Jan 10, 2010
  6. Bob111

Bob111

yep.. they are great investments.. specially right now.....post current rates please...we all have direct access to a bond market(Thank you IB) ... give us some good examples..current rates on A-AAA corporate bonds are actually LOWER than CD rates on FDIC insured bank accounts..
    http://finance.yahoo.com/bonds/composite_bond_rates

#46     Jan 10, 2010
  7. don't make me laugh. he was asking for a safe place to park his money.

i'd rather buy a bond issued by JAL.

#47     Jan 11, 2010
  8. Tom C

Tom C

So tell us what you know.

#48     Jan 11, 2010
  9. Simply put, the amount put out for long or short term investments should not affect your daily lifestyle or liquidity.

#49     Jan 11, 2010
  10. wow thanks for the heads up. It seems like a legit business if only so many borrowers didnt default. As the economy gets better, it might improve.

#50     Jan 11, 2010