Where can I paper trade products on the small exchange?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Opcodes, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Sig

Sig

Very oddball in what they chose as the underlying as well, often not at all what you'd expect given the name of the instrument.

IMHO it's not a serious product. They needed to gamify it and make it easily accessible, this "build it and they will come" mentality of everyone in the finance world is just baffling to me but especially something like this aimed at novice investors.

#11     Jul 27, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Sossnoff and company have been working on the Small Exchange for quite a few years.

I mention that because I remember wondering what they would do with their plan when the CME came out with the micros- which more or less occupied the space they were trying to occupy. Obviously they kept going but I think it may have caused them to regroup and try to recover by offering products that were not only small but structured differently - rather than just a slice of the larger indices. Unfortunately I dont think it is a difference that others understand or value so far.

#12     Jul 27, 2020
  3. traderjo

traderjo

When small exchange was promoted , I was under the impression that all they were going to do was mimic the main CME etc products in small size.. as you correctly said CME bit them
    Value? At retail level apart from pure gaming I can't see what value is there in trading something which is oddball and hard to understand what underlying makes it up

#13     Jul 28, 2020
  4. traderjo

traderjo

compare this to products Nadex (IG ) come up with which are directly linked to something that is traded in big nos

#14     Jul 28, 2020
  5. %%
    300k is semiliquid;
    fine for learning with a cash ETF. Add leverage to semi liquid stiff/much more/much more costly. But not many start small so; have fun/have drama/chills/spills/thrills/LOL:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

#15     Jul 29, 2020
  6. Take the K off the end of that.

#16     Jul 29, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. %%
    OK,30.000 average day volume is too little for me/generally speaking; except in real estate;
    one or 2 is plenty @ atime.
    I would not want something like learning in a tech etf/im in now when starting to learn;
    it averages 7,000to 70,000 per week , not per day/LOL. NoT short term trading that tech etf/bid ask =too wide...………………………………………………………………………….

#17     Jul 29, 2020