Where can I learn how to build a profitable trading system

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by andy_p, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Jerry030

Jerry030

Substitutes.....readily available, try Support Vector Machines which can analyze chart dynamics as non-linear planes in n-dimensional hyperspace with say 2000 dimensions. The human mind can only make decisions with 7 variables at a time...anything more than that it unconsciously summarizes the weights of each measure, 7 at a time. So try looking at 2000 dimensions of measure sometime and see how far you get....even with 3 Red Bulls it is a flop. Plus a SVM model does not have poor judgement on the days it is coming down with the flu or having a fight with the wife.

#21     Jan 23, 2016
    schizo likes this.
  2. Chubbly

Chubbly

There are lots here
    https://www.cxoadvisory.com/

#22     Jan 23, 2016
  3. Sounds good in theory, but try all that shit in real time. In most cases what counts, can't be counted by your machines, or else the market would be 100% efficient. You can learn this the really hard way, or the easier way. Either way requires lots of time and money

#23     Jan 23, 2016
  4. Jerry030

Jerry030

Prof,

You are obviously totally ignorant of how things like speech recognition on your IPhone works....hint Cere is not a real lady listening on the other end of the line to tell you where to find a good pizza place in south east Cleveland. She is.....now hold on to your slippers and goose quill charting drawing pen....a type of neural network trained to understand and respond to human speech REAL TIME. Please, no suicidal gestures at this radical and for you life altering news...just brew some valerian root tea and take deep calming breaths.

#24     Jan 23, 2016
  5. Lol. You're way out there man. Enjoy life on Cloud9

#25     Jan 23, 2016
  6. Jerry030

Jerry030

No I just happen to be a software engineer that help design the AUTOMATED REAL TIME AI software that detects credit card fraud as part of the REAL TIME (very, very fast...oh, so fast) charge authorization process (that confusing computer like thingy doo that you swipe you card in). So I understand how all that new fangled computer stuff works.

Enjoy your kerosene lamp, grandpa. Leave that computer stuff to young whipper snappers who went to college.

#26     Jan 23, 2016
  7. Show me the money then. Talk is cheap. Put your money where your mouth is. Too many yahoos on ET like you

Here is my Friday. You want statements?

IMG_0544.JPG ?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    #27     Jan 23, 2016
  8. Jerry030

Jerry030

Why?....you are a nit-wit with a cell phone camera. You can't answer simple questions like explain how Cere can operate REAL TIME, dealing with thousands of words and millions of accents and speech patterns but the SAME type of software can not do something similar with the OHLC of the current bar....A much simpler problem in many respects.

#28     Jan 23, 2016
  9. Jerry030

Jerry030

So which large hedge fund did you say you managed?

#29     Jan 23, 2016
  10. Yup. Circumventing the real money challenge. Typical ET beat off. Keep up the mouth terds

#30     Jan 23, 2016