Where can I learn how to build a profitable trading system

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by andy_p, Jan 20, 2016.

1. andy_p

andy_p

Hello,

Where can I learn how to build a profitable trading system. I'm talking about a real system not one of those 20$ a month 300000% in 3 months system. A system that can produce 70-100% per year in the long term that can support millions to be poured into it.

2. Create a trading plan, test it, revise it, test it, revise it, test it, revise it, test it.

Do that process for as long as it takes to become consistently profitable. This is a process of figuring out "what doesn't work" to learn "what does." Trade on sim through this process.

Eventually you will either have a detailed trading plan that is profitable or you will give up.

Just as an aside, 70-100% should be considered in "risk adjusted" returns.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  3. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

70-100% a year, over the long term.... no big deal.

VPhantom, d08 and MoreLeverage like this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Do you seriously think someone will give you this info??? Why not just wiring you $.

If you do have a system, and need to automate it, I can provide you feedback.

5. tylerbose

tylerbose

forexfactory ....good luck, have fun with all the millions you're gonna make :D

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hi. $50 says this is a Surf trolling account. The long answer is that : nowhere.

7. andy_p

andy_p

I thoght that there are some courses that teach you the math and statistics what programs to use to compile the data and do simulations

8. Xela

Xela

I would start by carefully and methoidcally reading every page of Tushar Chande's Beyond Technical Analysis and Van Tharp's Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom.

I don't claim that either book will necessarily give you a profitable trading system, but they'll certainly tell you - and reliably - what to look for, what to avoid, how to go about it, and the basics of how to build your own.

For the required math/statistical input (and you're right that that's essential), Michael Harris's Profitability & Systematic Trading has you covered, there.

All these three books are well researched, well presented, and have stood the test of time.

Truth_ likes this.
  9. Andy_p remember the real system is yourself, learn how to control yourself under pressure and go from there. Believe me when I say that you will find a system that works over time, but in the end its the things you do "before, in, and out of a trade that will end your trading dreams.

dartmus likes this.
  10. That's like saying how, or teach me, to play basketball like Michael Jordan. :banghead::finger:-- i'm not saying it's impossible, but only a select few can do it...that requires a combination of unique skills and traits and circumstances.

#10     Jan 21, 2016
    Xela and Occam like this.