Where can I get streaming charts for a decent price?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jonbig04, Jun 26, 2008.

1. It doesnt have to me streaming real-time. I just want to b able to see a candlestick chart that updated every 5 or 15 minutes. I have found charts, but they dont update.This way I can just write my entry/exits on a piece of paper. I dont think any exist for free, wheres the cheapest place? Thanks.

2. nexx

nexx

i take it your paper trading so no need for expensive data feed, for a low cost one i can think of is to use Quotetracker ( http://www.quotetracker.com/ ) and use one of there supported data feed vendors, live streaming quote are about $20/mo +exchange fees (about $3-$5 more so about $25 total). they have one that's real time snap shot for $10/mo + exchange fees that might be the one your looking for if you just want quotes every 5min or so.

3. Thanks, I will try out both of those right now

4. I checked those out, one you have to have windows and one just doesnt work that well, but it IS free. Im resigned to having to pay for a service so now Im looking for the cheapest one. I dont need level 2, just streaming charts ( pref real time but it doesnt have to be). I found this from esignal but its $55 a month with exchange fees. Is there anywhere cheaper or should I just bite the bullet? Note Im just paper trading, but i want the data feed to be real and reliable.

5. steinh

steinh

izone.com account, or ameritrade.com, for that matter.
    Use their software, or feed it to quotracker.

6. You don't use Microsoft Windows?
    :confused:

7. I think prophet.net is the cheapest u will find. just get their basic or silver service...where did u find esignal for $55?

8. Thanks for the suggestions. The esignal system i was looking at is called "livecharts", its $50 with exchange fees, but i suppose its worth it.

I dont use windows unless i have to, i stick to leopard :)

9. What you trade?
    Indices? Individual stocks?
    Commodity futures?

For indices, Yahoo finance has free charts delayed 5 minutes or less, I think.

#10     Jul 2, 2008