Where can I find research reports on stocks?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by emk662, Jun 22, 2008.

1. emk662

emk662

those reports written by those big investment banks?

By the way, I am not a client of any of those big banks.

Thank you.

2. Daal

Daal

yahoo finance, type symbol, click research report, open your wallet

3. I picked my research reports up at the local pizzeria compliments of the loco broker, they have a brochure rack.

Research reports are carefully crafted to avoid a lawsuit by featured company hence they are two pages long and consist of a bunch of boilerplate paragraphs with fill in the blanks for whatever stock they have in inventory.

One caveat though, do not, I repeat do not leave these research reports laying around on the floor of your car. I took my car in for repair, apparently the mechanics thought I was a big swinging dick and overcharged me.

4. emk662

emk662

But yahoo finance does not have those big name research reports.

5. Why? You gonna fade 'em?

6. research reports from GS or lehman or any other big name companies are for sale in yahoo

if you go to yahoo news on a specific ticker you can see them and purchase them for $50-100

or subscribe to thomson financial network for $40K/year like most hedge funds do.

There is no free lunch.

7. With an account at TDAmeritrade (no monthly fees), you can get free stock reports online from:

the street
    S&P (pretty good)
    ford
    market edge
    jaywalk

8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Thomson is very good, Ive used Thomsonone Analystics for 3 1/2 years. Ive attatched an image so you can get some idea if what if offers might be worthwhile for you to get., for me its been very useful.