where can i find historical max pain data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by dtrader98, Mar 2, 2007.

1. I was wondering if anyone knows a free sight where you can find historcal data
    (preferably daily) on max pain and put/call info for individual stocks.

CBOE is useful for large index put/call ratios, but i haven't been able to find the same data for individual stocks.

2. selecto

selecto Guest

FYI, my son the computer genius and I did a 3 year study of max pain for QQQQ a while ago. Could not discover any way to trade the info.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

A couple of years ago I looked back over 2 - 3 years of max pain data and came to the same conclusion.

4. Interesting, thanks. Saved me some trouble.

5. munebags

munebags

I believe ISE uses proprietary put/call info generated on their exchange add a fudge factor and publish meaningful data asit applies to the overall indexes (QQQ, IWM, SPY, DIA). I recently attended a conference where the ISE option exchange gave a pitch for their product(s) and showed how to use them. They also said traditional put/call ratios without the commercials removed and the fudge factor implemented were NOT useful. They also talked a little about individual issues and yes that data can be used as well.

http://www.iseoptions.com/

Munebags

6. Use the main stocks of the indices max pain to get a bias... the index max pains dont work as well.

7. Max Pain?

Just look at my account! :D

Just kiddin'

I'm kicking ass, as usual. :cool: