Where can I buy Gold bars?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by ozzy, May 3, 2005.

1. ozzy

ozzy

I've never done this before. But in the future I would like to buy GOLD bars. Anyone know where to go to get these?

Thanks,
    ozzy

2. pierson

pierson

Try here:

Monex.com

Pierson

3. Nutzo

Nutzo

4. just21

just21

DUE TO RECENT OVERWHELMING DEMAND,
    WE ARE TEMPORARILY NOT ACCEPTING NEW ORDERS UNTIL BACKLOGGED DEMAND IS MET AND FULFILLED.

What is happening in the world?!

5. Nutzo

Nutzo

Be careful that you don't buy a gold "plated" bar.:eek:

6. ozzy

ozzy

Yeah those sites seem shady. I'll be going to the Canadian Mint or the Banks, I'm sure you can get it through them.

ozzy aka Goldfinger

7. why not buy gld stock. it is supposed to be backed by gold. dont you trust them to deliver?

8. Banjo

Banjo

9. ozzy

ozzy

Several Reasons:

==> diversification
    ==> the Idea having gold at my fingertips is appealing
    ==> I plan to squirrel away stashes of gold here and there just in case of armageddon

I would never have done this before. But my personality and view of money has changed over the last few years.

I need to protect what I have from the markets and myself.

ozzy

10. I used to buy from http://www.goldmasters.net for Canadian Maple Leaf gold coins. I remember I recommended the place to one of my friends. He was surprised that they gave him a panda coin that worth more than the one he ordered (different year) due to out-of-stock. I guess he was happy. :p

However you have to make sure you put in the correct order carefully. You don't want to be a buyer and ended up as a seller (lower price).

I would recommend Canadian Maple Leaf coin for purity. I also confirmed from some friends who used to work in the jewelry industry much later to my regret.... The gold jewelry you bought from the Chinatown shops might not be as pure as they claimed. :mad:

#10     May 3, 2005