Where are you at-home with your own money traders?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Port1385, May 20, 2008.

1. This site was created for guys sitting at home in their underwear trading with IB during the tech bubble WITH THEIR OWN MONEY.

It was not created for the hooligans that currently haunt this board to include prop traders, institutional types, hedge fund flunkees, Hershey types, etc or the fakes/phoneys/frauds that wish they worked on wall street but really are non-traders sitting out of a garage in some mid-west small town.

I want to give a shout out to my at-home crew on the IB trading away using desktop or laptop PCs bought at Circuit City.

The hardest trading job in the world is to sit in a small room in your residence with your own money on a system that is constantly malfunctioning with non-existent customer service. There is no "risk manager", no "branch manager", no analysts, no helpdesk to call nothing...just you, the ceiling and god.

I'd like to see some of the so-called fund managers be given IB and 30k and placed in a small room out of a residence and trade. Its difficult, harder then most think. I bet you some of the so-called fund managers would blow that account in no time.

Let me hear it at home traders!!! Lemme hear it!!!

2. sg20

sg20

This site has more fund managers and wannabe lurking than any serious financial forum (including you), does that tells you something, it means that we are more entertaining and more informative.

Serious traders don't trade in their houses unless financial burden not permitting, although the majority trade from home, those that makes it preferred to rent an office just to splash around some of their successes and to show potential clients they are for real.

On trading from home I don’t see any problem in that, you can do much more with your time with things that regular workers can’t afford to do like playing golf, jogging on the beach on a regular day, or just do what ever you like at your pleasure, what else can be better, given that we must successful and profitable or else bust.

sg20

3. Huh? :confused:

4. I do not need to waste money on renting an office when I am paying a mortgage. Trading from home is certainly fine with me and if I have to meet a prospective client its called lunch :).

5. APA

APA

IB worked fine for me, though it would be nice if it worked perfectly but what ya gonna do

IB is direct access, I don't get your point OP

6. sg20

sg20

I'm just bull shitting bro., although I have to share a desk to get away from the distractions.

sg20

7. this is based on what?. Just because a trader might make the money to have an office doesnt mean they would want to. Some...hell, probably most want to escape the feeling of being in an office enviroment....I would.

8. sg20

sg20

I hope I can go back and revise it, I didn't mean to put it in the wrong context one way or another. Trading is a hobby and nothing else can do to help make it better.

sg20

9. LT701

LT701

10. After this senseless contradiction I promptly skipped to the next post.

#10     May 20, 2008