Where Are They NOW?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by aeliodon, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Hehe. Im surprised when I see postings on here about dreams of what people will do when they make it big in trading. The usual postings are about finding a house in Italy or France. Buying stuff for their family. These are very boring dreams in my book.

I like more of the rap-star fantasy. Cruising around with attitude, chicks, and all that.

Im surprised of what people do in NYC with their high-rise apartments. They dont leverage any of their status. If I was living in the penthouse, believe me, it would be leveraged. There would be young chicks, a group of flunkies following me around and then there is the Ferrari.

Ever watch that movie where the NYC stock trader gets to live a different life. It was with Nicholas Cage. His first life is driving around the city in a Ferrari and living in the penthouse with a new chick each month. Then he gets to live a second life with a house in Union, NJ and managing a tire shop.

I will take the Ferrari, the apartment and the babes. Thank you.

#11     Apr 3, 2007
  2. I"ll take the tire shop and the devoted wife and great kids.

#12     Apr 3, 2007
  3. I have that part of the dream. Its the trading part Im working on.:)

Just in the year that I have been on the board I cannot count the names that have come and gone. How many journals have started and fizzled out. Its a tough game.

#13     Apr 3, 2007
  4. He also started his own site.

#14     Apr 3, 2007
  5. You forgot to add: In these market conditions
    Back in 1999/2000, volatility permitted excellent intraday profits....many dumb traders made it on luck.

Likewise, when the Yen Carry-trade event occurred several weeks ago, traders here were posting daily profits they hadn't see in YEARS.

Yeah, there is still opportunity, but you've got to acknowledge the risk-reward ratio has gotten less favorable as the VIX has dropped. With this, your strategies must change as well. If not, you're a "gonner". I suspect many of the "drop-outs" could not or WOULD NOT adapt.

#15     Apr 3, 2007
  6. do people leave or do they just start new accounts and change their names...?

#16     Apr 3, 2007
  7. I like to have my cake and eat it too, so I'll take the wife, kids, apartment, and ferrari :D

...but the kids wont get to ride in the Ferrari...but maybe they'll get it as a hand-me-down :)

#17     Apr 3, 2007
  8. Surdo

Surdo

Both!

Most either blow out their account or wake up one day and avoid the negative energy of this website.

suds

#18     Apr 3, 2007
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Never do a journal, next thing you know it's "if I stuck to my plan I would be down 10% but I lost discipline and it's worse" :eek:

#19     Apr 3, 2007
  10. We all want what we don't have or can't get and don't appreciate what we do have.

Let's see, what do I have.....?

#20     Apr 3, 2007