Where are them necks gonna get their guns?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Wal-Mart Stops Selling Guns at Some Stores

By TSC Staff

4/14/2006 7:26 PM EDT

http://www.thestreet.com/stocks/retail/10279324.html

Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE) is discontinuing gun sales at almost one-quarter of its U.S. stores, citing insufficient demand.

In a statement posted on its Web site Friday, the world's largest retailer said, "In order for each of our stores to be a 'store of the community' and offer merchandise that is relevant to that specific community and customer base, we recently made a business decision no longer to offer firearms in approximately 1,000 of our locations."

Including its Sam's Club warehouse outlets, Wal-Mart has 3,864 U.S. stores.

The world's largest retailer said it had started phasing out firearms sales at the affected stores earlier this year. In stores where there is sufficient demand for guns, Wal-Mart says it will continue to sell them.

Wal-Mart shares ended Thursday at $45.77. U.S. markets were closed Friday in observance of the Good Friday holiday.

2. In stores where there is sufficient demand for guns, Wal-Mart says it will continue to sell them.

All about profit? Walmart?

3. the fastest growing segment of gun owners are women

gun control laws are ultimately racist in effect, if not in intent, since blacks in particular and minorities in general are far more likely to be the victims of violent crime. laws against so called "saturday night special" were essentially laws or policies meant to suppress inexpensive firearms. - so only the wealthy should be able to afford protection?

4. Ricter

Ricter

That's a "fast draw" mentality, born of watching too many movies. Nowadays peeps "get the drop" on their victims and just start firing. It aint fair, but life aint fair. You're wrong if you think more guns will somehow protect the poor.

5. Racist (in effect) if one considers felons cannot own guns - and most happen to be non-white dogs?
    Huh, you actually got a problem with that one?

Curious if you can share a racist gun law? Just curious.

"since blacks in particular and minorities in general are far more likely to be the victims of violent crime."
    Well that reads like it is might just be a good thing -even if judged as racist?

- so only the wealthy should be able to afford protection?
    What is your opinion as to how much should a gun for personal protection cost? Wealthy??? WTF is that line drawn?

6. "That's a "fast draw" mentality, born of watching too many movies. Nowadays peeps "get the drop" on their victims and just start firing. It aint fair, but life aint fair. You're wrong if you think more guns will somehow protect the poor."

um, no

that's a mentality born of years working in emergency response (firefighter/emt), and having carried a concealed weapon lawfully for 20 yrs.

i also know somebody in law enforcement whose life was saved (they were wrestling with an armed robber, the armed robber had pulled the officer's gun from the holster, and a lawfully armed store owner shot the robber and saved the officer's life).

i know that i (and many of my friends) carry concealed lawfully

i know that, contrary to the claims of HCI et al, states that pass CCW laws or go from may issue to shall issue status for their CCW's have seen a reduction in crime.

i know that the vast majority of STREET COPS who deal with violent crime a lot SUPPORT concealed carry. otoh, the IACP - which is composed of police chiefs (who are first and foremost appointed politicians - not cops) do not.

i know that there is a 2nd amendment. i also know that my home state's constitution offers an even stronger and less ambiguous constitutional protection for right to carry.

i know that if you study the history of gun control laws in the USA, you see a strong current of racism, collectivism and disempowerment of individual rights and minority rights vs. an increased power of state agents

i support the right of people to bear arms

7. The only reason wal-mart is phasing out guns is:.......
    because THEY ARENT SELLING!

No self respecting gun owner gets his/ her fire arm from wal-mart... i mean how do you tell your friends..." Oh i got this one at Wal-mart".... i mean come on now really..... soooo embarrassing. Wal-mart guns are CHEAP in every sense of the word.

Thats why they wont be carrying them any more. But Wal-mart is smart... they put a spin on it... as if to sound they are now going to be more community responsible...LOL.... it just sounds politically correct... and the dumb public believes it.

When it comes to guns.... liberals are truly stupid.... New York, which has one of the toughest gun laws in the nation, and the state with most laws against guns ... has the most gun crimes committed.... same for other liberal states that make it next to impossible to own a gun.... they have the most gun crimes.

Vermont.... a state with virtually no gun laws.... has the lowest gun crimes in the nation!! How do you explain that liberals??

As far as banning saturday night specials... heck, i rather have my local thugs walking around with saturday night specials... then with high end Colts or S&W.... saturday night specials are pieces of shit and are more likely to jam or blow in their face.

Like anything else... you get what you pay for. Personally.... i can hit an apple at 150 ft with a S&W 651 ..... guns that can do that dont come cheap. Bad luck for the criminal that thinks i am an easy target.

Wal-mart no longer selling guns.... boo hooo ... who cares. Its not like anyone could just walk off the street and buy one there any way.... Wal-mart follows all state and federal laws ..... aint gonna make a difference to the thug who gets his crappy guns illegally... or to me who, pays 1K - 4K for high end guns.

8. Ricter

Ricter

By your reasoning then, Canada, as merely one example nation among many, with far fewer guns and much tighter laws should have, after adjusting for population, far more gun crimes. It doesn't.

9. I can play that game too ......... Switzerland...a country with basicly no gun laws.... where any-one can walk around with full auto-matic machine guns... has virtually no gun crimes... and is a country with among the lowest crime rates in the world.

Lets stick to the U.S.

10. achilles28

achilles28

Hear hear!

#10     Apr 19, 2006