Where are the TRUE Prop Trading firms?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ProTrader432, Feb 22, 2011.

1. 7out

7out

Geeeeeeeeeez,

After weeks of searching I am no closer to finding a reputable prop firm than the day I started. (prefer Canadian based, but now open to anything legit/reputable)

If only my online poker buddies would explore this forum they'd understand how good they have it with online poker in regards to industry shadiness.

ALL I'M LOOKING FOR IS A REPUTABLE FIRM WITH ULTRA LOW TRANS. FEES ($0.0001 - $0.0003) PER SHARE (NOT INCLUDING SEC FEES) AND I'D GIVE THEM A WHOPPER OF THE PROFIT SPLITS.
    AND TO TOP IT OFF WITH A CHERRY, I'LL FRONT THEM 1 WEEKS' OF STOP LOSS MONEY.

Am I really asking too much ???

#11     Mar 19, 2011
  2. Schonfeld fired most of his traders and Chimera I believe no longer exists. and now the SEC is giving all the shady sub account firms registered with the CBOE a new license exam so they can collect some fees.

#12     Mar 20, 2011
  3. Millionaire

Millionaire

JT Marlin

You'll make your first million within 3 years of joining :p

#13     Mar 20, 2011
  4. Wow Chimera is gone also?

#14     Mar 20, 2011
  5. gr8tr8r

gr8tr8r

Classic!!

#15     Mar 20, 2011
  6. 7out

7out

LOL,

Couldn't understand where I knew that company from until someone in between hilariously laughing uttered Vin Diesel and Ben Affleck.

#16     Mar 20, 2011
  7. fanews

fanews

The prop traders these days are mostly maximum daily loss of $100 in prop firms.

The prop firms like the banks don't advertise for prop traders. There is no need for prop traders in hedge funds or banks as all is done by automated machines and HFT machines.

And BTW, why would you want to work for prop firm daytrading and payin the firm 50% for just using their capital.

You only need $5000 apen a brokerage account and trade and keep all your profits.

Reason there are so few prop firms is they can't hire profitable traders as profitable traders quit and trade their own account.

All these prop firms are just LLC accounts at brokerage firms.

#17     Mar 20, 2011
  8. bone

bone

True, oh so true.

#18     Mar 20, 2011
  9. He is not original pro trader , He is Pro trader 4532 !

#19     Mar 20, 2011
  10. 1st - your info on maximum daily loss of $100 is incredibly wrong (maybe not for new traders)
    2nd - all trading isn't HFT
    3rd - he can't trade actively (not in stocks) w/only $5k...ever heard of PDT?

#20     Mar 20, 2011