Where are the rich private traders?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Magnum29466, Nov 12, 2009.

1. fine, your he said, she said, my uncle is rich statements are MEANINGLESS!!

the FACTS speak for themselves.

#31     Nov 12, 2009
  2. you are talking abt tens of millions? yes its possible, but really what are your capabilities?do you know how to program? can you do stat arb? the computing power is so significantly diff from what it is used in the past.

#32     Nov 12, 2009
  3. listed

listed

The facts?

The fact is he is under 30, not by much. But doesn't work anymore. That's the surest fact I can give you. And yes its because of trading.

Edit: Although he will tell you, some of it was luck, but on the other hand he made this 'job' the center of his life at the start of his journey.

Most on here seem to spend more time bitching at one another rather than actually trying to develop your own style.

#33     Nov 12, 2009

4. How much did he start with? Are you sure OPM had nothing to do with it????

:D

#34     Nov 12, 2009
  5. listed

listed

Not for sure about how much he started with. I do know that the money was his that he saved up and worked for.

#35     Nov 12, 2009

6. and he has over 50 million now without the OPM of prop leverage or OPM funding--- 100% from trading in a retail account. NO WAY!

sorry, chuckles, I don't believe you.

#36     Nov 12, 2009
  7. listed

listed

Oh no. He definitely was leveraged. LOL..

But it was his own money he put up to get that leverage.

#37     Nov 12, 2009
  8. No he is right, LOOK AT FORBES 400, that is making it big time, and there is 0 persons in that group that made it just trading their private account. As he said, if you want to make it big time, do what those in the forbes top 400 do. Otherwise you won't get on that list.

#38     Nov 12, 2009
  9. Thanks.

everyone knows someone, heard of someone, just knows its true--- BUT no one has ever shown any PROOF of massive wealth coming from trading without massive OPM.

Even the great RUSSIAN who made MILLIONS trading at a PROP SHOP is NOW RUNNING A FUND WITH OPM???

ever wonder why???

riches VIA trading holds a CERTAIN fantasy for the MAJORITY here regardless of the REALITY.

#39     Nov 12, 2009
  10. listed

listed

Greed...is your answer.

He doesn't need to show proof to anyone. He has to answer to his wife and son.

Like I said before...Good Luck

#40     Nov 12, 2009