Where are the rich private traders?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Magnum29466, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Because its a FUN HOBBY!!!! its not a way to riches--simply take a look at the forbes 400 or any rich list-- DO WHAT THE RICH DO, if you want to be like them, DO NOT TRADE YOUR MEAGER FUNDS-- you WILL LOSE!!

There are NONE!!! zero zilch nada, there are NO private traders worth over 50 million who got their money by trading and starting with ZERO.

EVERY ONE OF THE GURUS SELLS STUFF TO STAY AFLOAT.

open your eyes, trading is a HOBBY, not at PROFESSION with your own account, unless you like striving to be middle class.....

#11     Nov 12, 2009
  2. Shagi

Shagi

We right here and we are going nowhere:D

#12     Nov 12, 2009
  3. They are busy with life and how it gets in the way of living.

#13     Nov 12, 2009
  4. nltro

nltro

You are SOOOOOOOOOO wrong. I could give you examples of 10 guys I KNOW PERSONALLY that came to the CBOT/CME/CBOE with nothing and left with more than 50mm.

Go back to flippin burgers ya piker.

#14     Nov 12, 2009

5. Yes, of course, they are trading as members of the EXCHANGE--- they HAVE INSIDER INFO, DEAL FLOW AND OTHER EDGES unavailable to RETAIL.

REGARDLESS--

I BETCHA NONE MADE IT WITHOUT SIGNIFICANT OPM or SELF NET WORTH.

you do not KNOW 10 WHO TURNED MEAGER AMOUNT INTO50 million plus WITHOUT HELP of OPM.

GET REAL--YOU ARE DELUDED if you think otherwise

it takes significant net worth and capital just to be a member of the exchanges--- ya cant do it with 5k and have capital to trade.

serioiusly, stop misleading these aspiring traders----

there is NO SANTA CLAUSE< NITRO

#15     Nov 12, 2009
  6. Off-topic; Not sure what you mean by "in this market...". What's so difficult about this market, as compared to other years? Sure, the volatility has tapered off compared to 08', but 08' is not the norm.

#16     Nov 12, 2009
  7. And 100% of the downside.

Also, trader x at hedge fund creates 100mil of profit off of the fund's zillion dollars. Say he earns 5% of profits from his portfolio. That's 5 million compensation. Say you've got even a $1 million account, you'd now have to return 500% just to breakeven with this guy comp, and not only that, if you're wrong you get 100% of the downside.

#17     Nov 12, 2009
  8. the1

the1

For the life of me I can't understand why people think "this" market is so difficult to trade. You pretty much have to hit the buy button and wait for the account to go up. Why is that so difficult?

#18     Nov 12, 2009
  9. Look, for many trading strategies "this market" sucks. You obviously haven't done your homework not to know the difference between 2003-2006 & 2009

#19     Nov 12, 2009
  10. You're right; I day trade and this market is perfectly fine for my strategy/method. I was replying to a guy who also day trades. I'm not referring to any other time-frame traders.

#20     Nov 12, 2009