Where are the Republicans?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldtime, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Deal Brother

#11     Dec 21, 2012
  2. Like his father Rand Paul is really starting to grow on me.He supports equal spending cuts ,means testing and raising the age for entitlements and military cuts arent off the table.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6YH4jfZPbqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#12     Dec 21, 2012
  3. When you say that in ref to IQ47 that just makes you lose all credibility and look stupid.

#13     Dec 21, 2012
  4. the depressing thing about means testing is how little of a difference it makes. Even raising the age from 65 to 67 doesn't get us very far.

At some point we have to get back focused on a vibrant economy, I think that's our only hope. And all the low hanging fruit has already been picked. Less fish in the ocean, fewer trees on the mountains, harder to get Chinese to work for a dollar a day. Somebodys going to have to come up with a new idea.

#14     Dec 21, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Where are the Republicans?

They all got disgusted, have left and are now headed over here:
    www.lp.org

minimum government / maximum freedom

All aboard!

#15     Dec 21, 2012
  6. well, I'm not going to "join" them. I don't like parties and I don't like crowds. But I was surprised to see they gave me the option of straight "Libertarian" on my 2012 ballot. Never seen that before. So given the choices, it was kind of a no brainer for me.

Any thinking person knows it is all kind of a joke, no matter who wins or who you vote for. I worry when people take it too seriously. But it is something to talk about, and probably makes some small difference on the edges. After all, the whole thing, whether you are talking about corporations, or local government, is all made up of people like you and me.

I hear all the time how evil they are all. But I have yet to meet any individual who is totally committed to evil. Misguided, yes, but never met personally that guy that wants to destroy the middle class, or turn all Americans into slaves, or make the US dollar worthless, or any of the other things they say the bad guys want to do.

#16     Dec 21, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

You don't want minimum government / maximum freedom?

#17     Dec 21, 2012
  8. not always
    Like the man (soros) said, "If you believe government is bad, you will create a bad government."
    I like to have all tools available
    but wouldn't it be nice if we could solve all our problems by just simply limiting government?
    Once I thought I had solved the trading problem by simply using tight stops
    It sure would be nice if it was all that easy
    Most people should have more freedom
    I have too much and they should probably take some of it away

Like I said, I'm a big family values guy.

It's no longer about me and what I can get.

It's about setting your kids up with a decent chance. Better than what you had.

#18     Dec 21, 2012
  9. the thing about you Phoenix is, nobody takes you seriously. You have no interest in the truth if it hurts your side. You are just a salesman for the democrat party.

There are plenty of them on the republican side, Cantor being the most obvious.

If anybody points out your lies, the first thing you respond with is, "The republicans do the same."

So you are no better than a republican. And you justify all your lies because the republicans also tell them.

So nobody takes you seriously anymore. They always know all they are going to get from you is the democratic party propaganda.

now you even have your own news network, msnbc. And it is ok for you to tell all your lies because FOX also does it. So now, you are not even better than FOX.

How low will you go?

Is that the deal? As low as they go we will go even lower?

Nobody takes you seriously anymore, because they know you have no interest in the truth. All you want to do is make your side look better and the other side look worse, no matter how many lies you have to tell.

Not so sure what is so good about a "side"

I know I don't like my "side" about half the time, and am not afraid to say so. And I don't justify the stupid things they do because the other "side" is also stupid.

#19     Dec 21, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

GOSH-O-MIGHTY...
    Can somebody please come over and pick my astonished-laughing-ass up off the floor?
    Please, somebody come help me.

#20     Dec 21, 2012