Where Are The ET Inflation Bulls???

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Landis82, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Gold is an impulse buy; long-term government paper is a commitment.

#41     Mar 18, 2008
  2. So how are all the inflation bulls doing? Did the Fed stop the Dollar printing press overnight?

#42     Mar 19, 2008
  3. LMAO

#43     Mar 19, 2008
  4. Corn -3.1% today
    Wheat -4.4% today
    BO -3.4%

How are those commodity LONGS doing for you that you bought back on Feb. 27th with all of your tough talk?
    :D

#44     Mar 19, 2008
  5. Some twisted logic you've put to work there Landis. So if a person states that a market is strong at any point in time that implies that they went long that same day or that they never exited an existing position?

Further, anyone who makes any comment on any market is a de-facto long or short in the market? So it's safe to assume that you did buy MF on Feb 29th around 16 or whatever the price was at that date? And since you never posted a follow-up, you are still long and getting your ass handed to you?

I never for once thought that you actually did that trade, nor do I imagine you actually make the majority of trades off of your "calls".

Funny how you and your buddy Makloda were WRONG for how many months wrt to your deflation thesis, and the second stuff reverses you guys are on here with all your childish taunts.

#45     Mar 19, 2008
  6. You didn't just state that the commodity markets were strong. You said that the FED was creating tremendous inflation due to their not showing any concern over a weakening dollar.

I have always maintained that the DEFLATIONARY forces were of such incredible magnitude that the FED had to purposely "ignore" the dollar and respond to the fact that the U.S. banking system and economy were on the verge of COLLAPSE.

( when the Port Authority of NY has to pay 20% on $100 million of short-term debt, the banking system is essentially "broken" ).

You and your buddies kept ranting and raving about how the FED was doing everything wrong and fueling INFLATION.

Yet, most of the commodity complex is now trading LOWER than it was back on January 24th when Bernanke started aggressively injecting liquidity into the banking system.

Why is that?
    You never answered the question.

#46     Mar 19, 2008
  7. For your information, I did make that trade and I was stopped out at $14.00

Is there a problem with that?
    :)

#47     Mar 19, 2008
  8. Why don't you take a moment to stop with the "personal" attacks and questioning my credibility and answer the simple question that I asked of you?

Can you answer the question about why commodities are now lower than January 24th when the FED started aggressively easing?

Why can't you answer that?

#48     Mar 19, 2008
  9. i said already that commodities were due for a correction to shake out the weak hands. imo liquidity threw commodities out of whack with fundamentals. too much money chasing too few assets. at some point everything could blow up.

inflation will grab a hold and metals/agriculture commodities will go back up.

#49     Mar 19, 2008
  10. They didn't "start" aggressively easing only on January 24th. They started 4 months earlier with the discount rate cut in mid-August. Tell me what commodities have done since that date. And then tell me what gold, crude and the dollar have done since then as well.

#50     Mar 19, 2008