Where are most Prop Traders?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tula, Aug 8, 2003.

1. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

There are still a few good real estate investments - but you will need to understand that the hold time might be long. I agree that there will some type of correction in real estate but if your portfolio is properly structured and your hold times properly anticipated then there is no problem. I certainly would not be attempting to flip something that required a liquid transaction in the next couple of years.

... To me an expensive car just shows me that you probably are not yet smart enough to do business with my company: yes I had one once and I am now a bit better educated ..

#21     Aug 15, 2003

2. Im not being critical and it sounds like you are experinced with realestate...but take this statement that you made and subsitute the word stock or investment, and it sounds EXACTLY like the pundits of 2000 were saying:

"There are still a few good real STOCK investments - but you will need to understand that the hold time might be long. I agree that there will some type of correction in THE STOCK MARKET but if your portfolio is properly structured and your hold times properly anticipated then there is no problem"

:eek:

#22     Aug 15, 2003
  3. VOLUME

VOLUME

I completely agree with your views on real estate.

Almost every time I'm at a party or social gathering, people are talking about "putting all their money into real estate" or "putting an addition onto their house". It was the same way in 1999 and 2000 except all the talk was about stocks.

The funny thing is that nobody thinks it's possible to actually LOSE money in real estate...they simply say "if the real estate market drops, I'll just hold onto the property until I make money on it"....sounds alot like the old "if the stock drops, I'll just buy more" mantra.

Volume

#23     Aug 18, 2003
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

The topic isn't real estate, it's Where are most Prop Traders?. Please try to keep your posts in that direction. Thanks.

#24     Aug 18, 2003
  5. thanks for deleting my post magna........what was wrong with it? i told people to stay on topic

#25     Aug 19, 2003
  6. which firms comprise the OTHER category?

#26     Aug 19, 2003
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

Thanks BOSS, I appreciate you reminding people. Unfortunately that wasn't all that was in your post and that's why it was removed.

I_Missed_Boat: while that was a thoughtful response to TM_Direct I want to keep this thread on topic, and that means away from discussions of real estate. Thanks.

#27     Aug 19, 2003
  8. You asked which firm "most" traders trade at. I take it you means a plurality of traders. That was probably Worldco 9 months ago. Now, its probably pretty close between several firms.

#28     Aug 19, 2003

9. Yeah thanks a lot Magna......I tell you , it's anarchy here!!!!!
    Dogs and cat's ...living together!!!:D

#29     Aug 19, 2003
  10. I think the lack of Worldco guys responding to this poll has more to do with their not coming on ET to be needlessly bashed than there luster in numbers.

#30     Aug 19, 2003