Where Are Millionaires Moving To

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by dealmaker, Nov 25, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

Clubber Lang likes this.
  2. sle

sle

Aussie and NZ. Every fucker goes to where I want to be :(

3. dealmaker

dealmaker

"About 30,000 people apply for citizenship every year in New Zealand, where the population is
    less than five million, according to data from the country’s Internal Affairs Department. Only a
    handful — around one to two dozen a year — are approved for citizenship by the minister of
    internal affairs under “exceptional” circumstances, the data showed."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/business/peter-thiel-new-zealand-citizenship.html

Clubber Lang likes this.
  4. I want his home in Manhattan then

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have to call BS on this research. How does a small SA firm has access to data to so many countries' immigration AND tax records?

Not to mention in another thread the fact was posted that we have more millionaires than ever in the world. So maybe some of these people didn't move at all, they just became millionaires recently.

One more point: A wealthy person will have multiple homes in different countries, so what are we counting, the residency or where they actually pay taxes?

6. mlawson71

mlawson71

I wonder what's the incentive to move to Australia. Is it taxes?

7. Sig

Sig

Yeah, I'm going to have to call bullshit on the underlying data for this one as well, apparently came from a South African "market research" firm with a one page website (http://www.newworldwealth.com/) and one employee on LinkedIn.

8. Sig

Sig

You can draw a straight line from China to Australia and label it "Significant Investor Visa Program".

9. ironchef

ironchef

Why are millionaires bailing out of France? I thought the French don't like the US so where are they moving to?

10. dealmaker

dealmaker

taxes...

#10     Nov 29, 2017