where are all the bears at??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by krazykarl, Oct 3, 2006.

will we break 1400 on the spooz by jan 07

1. yes

38 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. no

34 vote(s)
    44.2%
  3. other

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. you are still krazy!!!1!!1!

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. duard

duard

A bull in bear's clothing/ Or is that a bear in bull's clothing. Love the dry up on the tentative corrections then gradually building momentum into a boner fided frenzy. Only done wushed Ida bought more tech in July.

#41     Oct 4, 2006
  2. S2007S

S2007S

agree. There was no 10% correction in JUNE/JULY....I think the dow may see 12,000 but who knows whats going to happen after that. I think if the market wants to run any higher it should take at LEAST a 2% drop.

#42     Oct 4, 2006

3. you know, i take issue with it needing to be "10%" to be a correction.

we went down 8% - that is a correction. if the tools that get interviewed on Morning Call need that extra 2% - I should have their f**king jobs, because I can sure as hell make better calls then at least half of them.

8% is more than enough liquidity to get removed to make an impact - it also accelerated a rotation into the blue chips. Look at a chart of AT&T - look how dead it has been for the past few years then, all of the sudden, the beast awakes and takes out 28......

#43     Oct 4, 2006
  4. North Korea, the budget deficit, Iran, Venezuela, Iraq, midterm elections -

The bond market, inflation, housing bubble, and on and on and on and on...

Bulls simply want to project a confidence devoid of all of the very type of risks that have the power, especially conjoined, to take down markets.

There is a lot of uncertainty that is being temporarily dismissed my friends, bull and bear alike.

#44     Oct 4, 2006
  5. tysong

tysong Guest

I think the market is too hot now. And mutual fund cash levels are near all time lows. Do you guys think it is the time to do the opposite as the market. Short sell the stocks or future or buy a put ahead of the market. Once the greedy investors get fear, they will panic sell off. I think the market at least pullback 2-3%.

#45     Oct 5, 2006

6. where do you get your info from? you know how much cash is sitting out right now?(aprox. 1 trillion USD of investable cash is out of the markets right now - waiting)

#46     Oct 5, 2006
  7. S2007S

S2007S

2-3% pullback by end of october!!!!

This upward trend cannot continue on without a pullback.. The higher the averages go the more pullback I see. Were do for a 2-3% pullback, thats not a big pullback by the way.

#47     Oct 5, 2006
  8. S2007S

S2007S

agree, there is plenty of uncertainty yet the market moves up like there is nothing to worry about.

#48     Oct 5, 2006
  9. Is there something to worry about?

#49     Oct 5, 2006
  10. S2007S

S2007S

plentyyyyyyy.....time will tell

#50     Oct 5, 2006